LL Bean Outlet (Freeport) from Portland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2022, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Portland in mid-October and would like to go to the LL Bean outlet store (I have lots of things to buy!) I won't have a car and have checked Amtrak's Downeaster schedule but the timing would be tight. I tried to use the BRZ bus schedule but that keeps bouncing me to Amtrak. So, does anyone have any info about the bus? And, what do you think a taxi would cost? (Rome 2 Rio says $50-$75 but I'm hoping for something less costly!). Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 08:14 AM

If you need a more flexible schedule, the bus serves the Greater Portland Area and leaves about once per hour from 6 a.m. to 9:20 p.m. You can catch the Metro Breeze from any of its stops including the Portland Transportation Center, Maine Medical Center, Congress Square, Monument Square, or India Street. It only takes about 30 minutes to reach Freeport, but the ride offers complimentary Wi-Fi and power outlets.

Once you arrive in Freeport, you can get off at Canco Road, right next to the L.L. Bean Headquarters, Town Hall, or Freeport Village. For more information, visit the METRO Pulse Facility on Elm Street in Portland.

I googled "Portland to Freeport maine"
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you - I hoped the bus would be more frequent than the train, so this is great information. I appreciate your help.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 03:28 AM
J62

The LL Bean outlet has a great selection - basically everything you can find on their website/catalog so it is fun to browse.
But, do not expect to find any deals...

Old Aug 27th, 2022, 01:28 PM

The L.L. Bean Store in Freeport is huge and has nearly everything, but mostly at the normal prices. The Outlet store is a few blocks away and has much less.
​​​​
​​​
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 02:39 PM
J62

Originally Posted by elberko
The L.L. Bean Store in Freeport is huge and has nearly everything, but mostly at the normal prices. The Outlet store is a few blocks away and has much less.
​​​​
​​​
yup. The outlet store is tiny little store. You can get a good deal on monogrammed totes if you don’t care about having someone else’s monogram, and maybe some other returned items , but there really isnt much at all in the outlet store.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 03:55 PM
J62

Originally Posted by elberko
​​​​
​​​
thank you for that correction - the full price store has the big selection - not the outlet. The latter is a small store across town.
There are (were) a lot of other outlets in Freeport, but brick and mortar retail everywhere has taken a hit and last time I was in Freeport (last summer) there were quite a few empty stores.
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 11:51 AM

I always check the outlet first, then head to the "flagship" store as they call it. If you're really in a pinch, try Uber!
Old Sep 29th, 2022, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all! I remember the days when the outlet stores were huge but I'll check the outlet store first and then go to the big store.