Search

Lion King seats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Chris

Lion King seats

We will be traveling to New York in March. I am trying to decide on seats for the Lion King. They have seats available for $50 / a piece in the 3rd row of the balcony. They have seats for $65 / a piece in about the 12th row of the Mezz. Level. We really don't care about great seats but would like to be able to see and make the characters out. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 10:55 AM
Ross

Take the less-expensive tickets, and treat yourself to a nice dinner with the money saved. There's not much of a difference between the two sections.
Welcome to the Big Apple!!!

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 11:34 AM
howard

I will disagree and recommend the mezzanine seats. However, there is another factor to consider. Are they in the center or off to a side? Take whichever are closest to the center. If there's not much difference, then take the mezzanine.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Karen

We have seen it twice, the first were seats to the far left, but in the third row. The second time we were dead center and probably about 2/3 of

the way back from the stage...I would pick closest to center. The first time we missed the whole left rear stage and think it is important to have a full stage view. You probably still will have this view from the balcony too.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:44 PM
Donna

I researched this question some months ago. The overwhelming concensus on the AOL NYC board was to avoid the balcony (many good reasons given) and go for the mezzanine seats if those are the best available. And, the closer to the center the better, but don't go to the 3rd balcony to be closer to the center.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:45 PM
Donna

P.S. In my experience, it's almost always worth the extra for the better seats.