Limetree Bay Resort, Florida Keys

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have reservations for mid-June. Has anyone been here? Opinions or comments are welcomed. Any suggestions for nearby activities or attractions?
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 08:29 AM

I am staying there in November and would also like to here what others have to say.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:23 PM

I've passed it several times and it looks rustic. It's quite a drive to everywhere. It would probably be great for relaxation.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:51 PM

We stayed there in March and absolutely loved it. We had a standard room, which was very bright and clean, with cool tile floors, ceiling fan and A/C. The place has a campground by the ocean kind of feel, with a little pier, hammocks, picnic tables, bbqs, gazebos, and a nice raised pool/spa area overlooking the water. The place sits directly on the ocean and has a boat hut for rentals, though we didn't use it. Banana, lime, and coconut trees onsite--banana trees are SO cool! The staff was very friendly and efficient. We ate at the restaurant next door, Little Italy, for breakfast and dinner, both were good (the only nearby restaurant).

We both loved it (we're in our twenties) and will definitely go back. Don't forget to check out Bahia Honda State Park (to the south) and their awesome beaches, clear water, and snorkeling trip to Looe Key--and stop by Duck Key Emporium near Hawk's Cay for some great sandwiches!

I wrote a trip report in March if yr interested, just click on my screenname.

love
roxy
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:55 PM

Also, it's 1/2 hour to Bahia Honda, about 1 hour to Key West, maybe 40 minutes to Key Largo. I think it's cool that it's kind of central to stuff. We absolutely LOVED Bahia Honda, and probably wouldn't have gotten there if we stayed in Key West or Key Largo.

Oh, and kayaking on the crystal clear, waist high water in BH Park is divine, we never wanted to leave!

love
roxy
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the input. It sounds like it is exactly what we expected. We will be staying in the Zane Grey Suite, and were hoping that it would be worth the $$$. Thanks again!
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:11 PM

We stayed here the first week of October. Highly recommended, actually. The brochure promises "no frills" which is quite accurate, but the rooms, pool, and hot tub are clean; the people who run it are nice, and the Gulf view is quite inviting. It is in Layton, halfway between Islamorada and Marathon. The only disadvantage: Layton is no more than a wide spot in the road along Overseas Highway; the only nearby restaurant is Little Italy, next door. We tried it- good food, but somewhat lackadaisical service. Next food in either direction is about 15 miles, other than the convenience store across the street. That said, we liked it so well that we cancelled a night in Ft. Lauderdale to stay at Lime Tree one more night on the way back from Key West. Website in this case isn't misleading; it is a nice place at a good price. http://www.limetreebayresort.com/
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:54 AM

Hi... I've never stayed at Lime Tree Bay and from the responses it sounds very nice. You didn't mention if you were a couple or a family with kids. If you ARE a family with kids, I would whole-heartedly suggest you check out Hawks Cay Resort. It also has an adult only area with beautiful pool. I can't tell you how perfect it was for our last vacation. A fun bar too, for both poolside drinks and late night. they offer babysitting, which I am usually leery of, but the sitter was wonderful and we used her lots. We booked thru www.resortaccess.com and got a wonderful deal. Just a suggestion, of course. Have a great time!!!