Reload this Page >

Lime Tree Bay Resort

Search

Lime Tree Bay Resort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Vicki

Lime Tree Bay Resort

Planning a day trip into the Keys in Feb. before our cruise; just need one overnight somewhere in the Keys that is an easy drive to the MIA cruise terminal on a Sunday morning. Read about this place in AAA book and their rate isn't bad? Anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 11:38 AM
vicki

Me again. No responses -- is that a good thing? Here's another option; the Wellesley Suites in Marathon? They have a very reasonable rate for five of us. Is that too much of a drive to Miami on Sunday morning though? I'm not sure we can board the ship til at least 11 a.m. however.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:42 PM
susan

I'm not familiar with either place, but let me warn you about driving in the keys. Virtually all the way from Miami to Key West is a two lane no-pass highway. I sure wouldn't want to get down too far south when I needed to get to a cruise ship by 11 a.m. I'd advise you to look for someplace to stay in Key Largo or Islamorada.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Ginny

The above poster is correct. It took us 5 hours from KW to the Fort Lauderdale airport on a Sunday morning. It is nearly impossible to pass on the Overseas Highway and if you get behind a boat being trailered or a slow moving truck--your stuck. I would stay in Islamaroda. The Hampton Inn there is nice and reasonable for a family.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Celeste

Chesapeake Resort in Islamorada is also very nice - but don't know if it's worth it for only one night.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Vicki

Hi. The Hampton Inn in Islamorada is quoting me over $250 per night for 5 of us. A little more than I had planned. I will appreciate suggestions in Key Largo from anyone, and about $150 or less per night is more up my alley. Thanks for everyone's help!

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 04:17 AM
curious

Vicki, you might do a little better on that rate with Expedia, usahotelguide, hoteldiscount or travelnow.com. Keep in mind though that it's high season in the Keys and it might be difficult to get less than $150/night. I got the Westin Key Largo in November for $ 129/night using the discount hotel sites. The rack rate at that time (low season) was about $ 230.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 11:51 AM
hill

Re accom in Largo -

The Best Western has an all suite - 2 story , fully equipped , 2 queens . A roll in bed would easily fit for a 5th person We usually get in for $99 . Excellent for the price .