Search

Lexington, KY - Basketball

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexington, KY - Basketball

Hi,
My husband and I are taking a trip to Lexington and we plan to go to a University of Kentucky Basketball game. I am looking for a hotel suggestion that will give us good access to get to the stadium and is close to the down town area. He and I plan on sightseeing during the day (Wild Turkey, Woodford and TownBranch distilleries along with the horse park). The game starts at 4pm. I have two questions:

1) hotel suggestion
2) do you think we can do all of that in one day. If not, what should we leave off? (note: we are doing the other 4 distilleries the day before as we will be driving from Nashville to Lexington and stopping along the way)

Thank you!
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Rupp Arena adjoins the Hyatt Hotel.

Sorry, I don't know about the timing for your other activities; but if you are doing other distillery stops, I would go to the Horse Park first and then play it by ear.
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM

I would definitely stay at the Hyatt, for its convenience to Rupp Arena. That way you won't have to try to move your car and park in the pre-game traffic. However, with a 4pm tipoff, I don't know how much sightseeing time you will actually have, since you'll have to get back to the hotel/arena, park, and get in your seats. Most of the distilleries are about 30 minutes from downtown Lexington and they are also 20-30 minutes apart from each other, so the driving could easily eat up your sightseeing time.

If it were me, I would grab a nice big breakfast at Doodle's (http://www.doodlesrestaurant.com) and then head to the Horse Park. I would start back to the hotel no later than 2pm, so that you don't get caught up in the worst of the traffic. If the weather turns out to be yucky, then you might decide to put the distilleries back on your agenda and save the Horse Park for another time.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 08:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
>>>2) do you think we can do all of that in one day.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 01:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you get tickets to this "religious experience" because as you are about to learn, in Lexington that is exactly what it is.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 05:04 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You can buy individual tickets to some games, if available, but you might not find two seats together and I really doubt you would find any lower arena. Upper arena are $47. They aren't released very far in advance (Dec. tickets will be available starting tomorrow at 6pm). It's easier to get pre-conference tickets (SEC games start in January). There's always scalpers around outside (illegal here), but prices will be high.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Kentucky..._SwitchTo_List