Reload this Page >

Legroom in AA v UAL?

Search

Legroom in AA v UAL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:35 PM
ray seva

Legroom in AA v UAL?

I'll be flying from LAX to JFK in April...am now looking to book my ticket. I remember American Airlines advertising that it has increased it's legroom in every one of it's planes. Is this true? Or does it just apply to Business or Frequent Fliers? Any comments will be appreciated!

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Patrick

American has indeed done that. I kept taking American last year and hearing about it, but was always on the planes that hadn't been converted yet. They I was on a reconfigured one from Miami to San Francisco and what a difference. I'm 6' and my knees didn't even touch the seat in front of me! If the person if front of you reclines, he is no longer in your face.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 07:10 AM
sandy

Yes, it there is more room and there is a noticeable difference. On a recent trip we had one leg on an AA flight and then the next on a US air flight. The US air flight was much more cramped, especially when we were able to compare the two back to back. I have seen commercials lately about United increasing space also, but no idea of when it will happen.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Kneecapped

United is still very cramped if you aren't assigned to the Economy Plus section in the front several rows of coach. Economy Plus is out of reach for people who aren't very-high-milers or VIPs in other ways. Theoretically, if there are open seats in that section when you check in, it's "first come first serve," but that's complete fantasy. They hold 'em for last-minute First Class people when First is already full, for people with premier status, and people who paid the full, undiscounted fare.

Go American. It does, indeed, have more room.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Amy

I have to agree, American is the way to go. I was solely a United flier based on the fact their routes were more conducive to both my business and pleasure travel. However, my husband and I who are both tall (I'm 5'10" and he is 6'4") have found a huge difference on AA. We will never go back to having our knees jammed into the seat in front of us. The only time we will fly United again is to spend all them miles I have accumulated.