Reload this Page >

Le Cirque 2000 experience

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 09:49 AM
Alberto Villanueva

I really recomend Le Cirque 2000, although a very expensive restaurant, (you can expect to pay about 160-220 dollars for two persons) the food is unbelievable, service is great and the atmosphere unique, reservations are esential and suit and tie are required, my wife and I were there a week ago for her birhtday and we enjoy it very much.

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 06:04 PM
helen

What did you order? What was best? Attitude of the waitstaff? Atmosphere?

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 04:29 PM
Alberto Villanueva

The waitstaff was great, they make you feel right at home, they are eager to help you with everything, atmosphere is very nice too, theres a lot of people dressed very elegant, but is alright if you are dressed a little more casual (alway suit and tie) you feel alright, nobody bothers you or gives you a "funny look", I ordered the grilled salmon and my wife order the file mignon (they even slice it thiner for her because she hate to see her file red in the midle, the waiter on this matter was very easy-going), and for dessert we ordered the "Adams Apple" and we gave it a perfect 10, we really recomend Le Cirque 2000, is worth every dollar you spend.

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 07:21 PM
skeptic

Despite the bad typing this sounds like an ad to me!

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 04:04 AM
martha python

So, skeptic, how many foreign languages can you write flawlessly in?
Alberto, thanks for the review. A lot of people post to say that some very expensive place wasn't worth it; it's good to know the ones that are.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 08:19 AM
skeptic

Martha P-I'm not putting down the typing (although since you asked, I can do about as well in Spanish and Italian). No, the point is that I am a long-time Fodorite who thinks this is a great travel forum, and I sense (perhaps wrongly) that this is an ad. Others can take it on face value, but should I not have mentioned it? I figured the typing was a part of the ploy, but I am sorry if I seemed patronizing, and my abject apologies if I am wrong. And by the way, I also ate at le Cirque, and feel it is worth it for the experience, although perhaps with less worshipful praise.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 09:31 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I'm also often trying to pick out the BS posts from the real ones (and certainly picked the wrong side to attack in the "Dr. Abate" fiasco), but I think Alberto is genuine.

Plus, I'm not sure that the restaurant in question needs much advertising.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 11:52 AM
Alberto Villanueva

I´m sorry if I misspell something, I´m from Monterrey, Mexico, all the english I know, comes from been an exchange student in North Dakota back in 1984-1985, so don´t take me grong. This was my third visit to New York (October 6th thru 10th) and my wife´s first and we love it.
Take it from me, LE CIRQUE 2000 is worht it.
And Skeptic, donde aprendiste a hablar en español y el italiano tan bien?

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 12:59 PM
skeptic

Sorry Alberto, soy equivocado. Y lo siento mucho! I admire your enthusiasm and am so happy it is for real. Pardoneme, por favor. Y le contesto su pregunta: Les estudio las lenguas en la escuela, y cuando viajo y trabajo en los paises. Soy periodista, pero no hablo espanol (o italiano) bien, verdad?

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 02:58 PM
Alberto Villanueva

no hard feelings ok

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:26 PM
formerskeptic

Claro, Alberto.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:54 PM
arjay

Where else but @ Fodors! Gracias!

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 03:48 AM
Donna

Thank you Alberto! It's always wonderful to have personal recommendations when considering those "worth every penny" places. Nothing worse that a disappointing experience that cost a lot. As for "skeptic" (who's obviously not up to even using his/her own name), it would have been better if you had kept your suspicions to yourself.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 04:47 AM
howard

Belatedly, I can assure Skeptic that Le Cirque 2000 really doesn't need the free plug! Its reputation alone is enough to guarantee continuous full houses.

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 06:52 AM
Living Large

Fascinating thread here. I have to disagree with Donna about Skeptic keeping suspicions to him/herself. I think he/she is one of those earnest watchdogs of the forum, sometimes annoying but probably sometimes right, and one of the reasons this site remains successful. I too tend to look a bit carefully when a posting seems a bit overwrought, and like many of us, I don't give my name out either, because of Spam and timidity. Skeptic represents the cautious but well-meaning watchdogs out there, policeing for the rest of us. I enjoyed the soap opera here (in two languages no less), and feel it was as much a mini-drama with a happy ending as a rave for an expensive restaurant. Alberto took it in the right way, Skeptic was sufficiently apologetic, and I got a chuckle.

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 03:43 PM
Helen

So Martha, planning a NYC run? And can I have your Cirque 2000 doggie bag?

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 04:23 AM
martha python

Helliiiiiee! Where ya been?
I'm not sure when I'll be in New York, and I'm not sure I'll be eating at Le Cirque, but if I do, the doggie bag is yours. Is there anything I shouldn't order? I want you to enjoy those leftovers.
Thank you for assuming I won't be cleaning my plate.

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 08:29 AM
Helen

I haven't been to Le Cirque, that's for sure. My limited budget is but one reason I love seeking out the great ethnic restaurants of NYC.
Otherwise keeping a low profile, I guess, and confining my travels to N. America these days. Haven't felt as strong a pull to the Fodor's boards as before. Not enough silliness.
No food allergies, love everything (except maybe offal.)
What's up with you (e-mail me privately if you prefer)?

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 09:31 AM
Helen

Not enough silliness? What was I thinking? I should learn to read before I write. (Just finished reading the latest Washcloth thread on the Europe board. Glad to see minimal chauvinism and vituperation from the competing camps. Plus, Brian's testimonial for Dr. Abate's washcloths was as funny as they get!)