LAX Parking Question

Search

LAX Parking Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAX Parking Question

I have a 6:00 am flight on Wed. out of LAX. I am driving from Southern Orange County. I am parking myself and leaving my car. There are various parking options available when I google parking as well as the LAX parking - B and C - the price to park in Lot A by LAX is 30.00 a day - I will be gone 3 days and 4 hours - I would prefer not to pay over 100.00 for parking.
I can park in lot B for 10.00 a day but it is a big lot and I am a little scared to park and walk to the shuttle alone in the lot at 4:00 am with my 12 year old dd.
Has anyone used parking lot B and is is safe feeling? I have used off site parking for Long Beach and it is pretty large and very vacant feeling.
I am toying with just doing the reserved parking at an off site garage - this way it might be a little more "controlled" ...
Dh said to just pay the 30.00 a day and not deal with it... I am feeling too cheap to do that...

Suggestions?
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM

Hi Mom. I always park in the covered lot at the Crowne Plaza, and take their free shuttle to the terminal. They have long term parking on levels 4 - 7 for about $12/day. If you have AAA, they provide a discount.

I have parked here for years and find it very convenient.

Have a nice trip!
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

Irego - that is great - do you have to call them? Or make a "reservation"? Is it 24 hours?

Thank you so much - I am all freaked out about how early to get there ;-)
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM

That lot is a pain. Although it is cheaper than the private lots, it still is a pain. Infact, depending on where you park, you have to get on a bus that takes to you another bus that takes you to the airport. I say pay the extra money if you can to give you a safer trip to the airport.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM

Mom, no advance reservation is required. Just drive in, take a ticket and park. The shuttle bus runs frequently. It's really painless.

If you have specific questions, please ask.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 10:16 PM

Dawn, I would either do the Crown Plaza option or park in Lot A. Both my husband and I do not feel safe in Lot B or C anytime in the evening or early in the a.m. We have been taking a shuttle to the airport in recent times just to avoid the hassle of these lots. Have a great trip.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 04:35 AM

Ive used the outer lots many times at 4 am both departing and returning , no problems. The lots are big, and there are some dark spots. However I have found I can always find a well lit spot near a shuttle stop.
Ive never done the Crown Plaza route, and it sounds good. My experience w/the Park and Fly people is their shuttles arent as frequent as I would like them.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Frank - we have only used one park and fly - last summer and it was a pain - it was not frequent.

I am thinking the Crown Plaza or Lot A. I might play it by ear that morning since I do not need a reservation.

Cali - I was worried about just that - not feeling safe. If it was the middle of the day I would not worry but that is an ungodly hour!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always us Lot B, but I'm a big guy and I've never been there at any thing close to that time of the night. I've seen stripped vehicles sitting on blocks in Lot B,I would not use it under your circumstances.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

logandog - alrighty then - that definately confirms my choice!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Mom, can I call you Dawn? If you use the Crowne Plaza parking structure, pay attention to the name of parking service as you enter the structure. As I sit here, I can't recall the name. That way, on your return to LAX, you can take either the Crowne Plaza shuttle, or the parking service shuttle, whichever comes first. They both will take you to the same place.

Also, while I've never felt unsafe, in an abundance of caution, drive around until you find a spot right near an elevator. Remember, long term parking is on levels 4 - 7 only.

Finally, as you leave the lot, show your AAA card (if you have one)to the attendant with your parking ticket. Otherwise, they won't provide the discount.

Final note...I know you were following my saga from this past weekend. When I was leaving that lot on Sunday, I told the parking attendant my story, and she let me go without charge! By then, I was so happy to have been on the recieving end of a little kindness! So, they're nice to boot!

Have a safe trip.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Iregeo - please call me Dawn I changed my screenname last year only due to the google search feature and my screenanme being the same as my email etc. - I was planning a few trips with my dd so the screenname worked.

I am going to use to the Crowne Plaza (99 % sure anyway) because I do not want to spend over 100.00 to park. That just gets my goat. I would rather shop . I do have a AAA card! So are you saying I have to stop on my OUT to catch my plane or just when I am paying/leaving the lot?

Yes, your saga scared me! I checked in online already and am not checking bags. I am not looking forward to driving at 3:00 am and think I can leave really at 3:30 ... yuck. If I did not have to be in class tonight till 8:00 pm I would get a room by LAX and sleep/park there...but it makes no sense to drive home from Anaheim, pick up dd at 8:30 and head to LA get to the hotel by 10:00 - 10:30 and then check in.... does it??
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Dawn, just show AAA to the attendant when leaving to go home, not when leaving to catch your flight.

What happened to me was a comedy of errors, yes, initally due to my own lateness!!! But, LAX's United ground staff's incompetence just took over from there!
Funny thing is I hardly EVER check a bag, and that's what started the whole problem.

Anyway, if I were you, I would stay by the airport tonight, even if it means checking in late. Personally, I would rather drive at night before 10:30, rather than at 3:00 in the morning. But, that's just my personal preference.

I've stayed at the Westin before for about $50 through Priceline. You might at least check out biddingfortravel.com to see what you could get something for.

Good luck!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Iregeo - is the parking included? I did this once before and we were able to leave our car at the Marriott for the duration of our trip... that was back in 05 - is that standard?
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM

probably not through Priceline, but there are plenty of hotels that do provide packages which include lng term parking. I do Priceline when my dh drops me off when I have an early solo flight out to Paris!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Irego... I want an early solo flight out to Paris
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM

I'm sure something could be arranged!!!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Dawn, I was a little confused about parking A B etc. Are those LAX run lots?

DS , who lives in LA, always uses this place. It looks reasonably secure and there is the valet option for a little less than $20/day..... We go to LAX a lot, altho I grant you not at 4:00am, but when we are there it seems that the vans that go to the lots seem to run all the time!

http://www.theparkingspot.com/Locati...ions.aspx?ID=6
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Hi Dawn, I too have seen cars in both Parking Lots C & B that have been damaged while sitting there and a friend who is with the LAPD told us he would never park there. We have stayed at hotels by LAX and then were able to leave our car for a few days free of charge but I called then ahead of time to make sure this was okay as some don't allow it. I would worry about doing it with a Priceline bid unless you have called all the possible hotels you could get in your * range and make sure they will allow you to leave your car. I think we have done it at the Marriott and the Sheraton. It has bee a while so things may have changed. I think your idea to do the Crowne Plaza is your best bet. You might check with them and see if you can leave the car free if you spend the night. Have a great trip.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Socialworker - yes, they are LAX run lots - the information came off the LAX site.

I am not going to spend the night - I talked with dd and she is sick, we just got back from the Dr. to be sure she can fly and she is on 3 different meds and she said she would prefer to go to bed here around 8 pm...so 3 am here I come UGH.

I am glad for the feedback on the lots and now that Cali said the police would never park there - methinks it is best to do the Crowne Plaza. I saw a few of the valet options and will look into that as well - not sure if they are 24 hours valet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -