Search

LAX and rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 08:23 PM
Chris

LAX and rental cars

Hi gang,

I am renting a car from Hertz at LAX. My questions is this - The night before my flight leaves I am staying at the Crowne Plaza at LAX, and would like to return my car that night, to avoid the extra day charge. My question is how can I get from The rental car place to the hotel. I know I've read several posts where people have stayed their last night by the airport in order to return their rental car, but I was wondering how you did that since you usually get the shuttle from the car place to the airport. Thanks.

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 11:56 PM
Traveller

Chris, use the Crowne Plaza's courtesy (FREE) shuttle van service. Call the toll free phone number to verify this.

LOS ANGELES-INT'L ARPT
5985 W. Century Blvd.
LOS ANGELES, CA 90045
UNITED STATES

Tel: 1-310-6427500
Toll-Free: 1-888-315-3700
Fax: 1-310-4173608

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 12:02 AM
lcuy

Drive your car to Hertz, then take their shuttle to the airport, then take the Hotel shuttle to your hotel. This won't take that long. In the morning, take hotel shuttle to direct to airport.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:48 PM
Chris

Thanks guys for the advice!! One last question since I am absolutely unfamiliar with LAX. If I get dropped of at LAX by the Hertz shuttle, where do I get dropped off at, and then where do I pick up the Crowne Plaza shuttle, does it automatically come like every 15 mintes, or do I need to call??? Again thanks for your help.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:01 PM
Jack

The Hertz shuttle will drop you at any terminal stop you choose. The hotel shuttle will pick you up at any terminal stop you choose.
To expedite things, call the hotel and ask them how to best cut your transit time...what the shuttle frequency is, etc.