Reload this Page >

LAX airport hotel needed

Search

LAX airport hotel needed

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Lily

LAX airport hotel needed

Can anyone recommend a hotel near LAX? We are a family of four coming from the East Coast arriving about 9p.m.and departing the next morning. So basically, we just need a place to crash for the night. Would like to find a nice hotel with free shuttle service to LAX.

Thanks

Old May 11th, 2001, 08:21 AM
John

Try the hacienda hotel in El Segundo or the Amfac hotel (i think that is still its name) in Westchester. Both are a short shuttle ride from the airport. Hacienda may be a little cheaper

Old May 11th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Charles

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza at LAX which is quite nice. Free shuttle to the airport.

Old May 11th, 2001, 09:34 AM
kam

Another vote for the Hacienda Hotel in El Segundo. It's huge, but gives you the shuttle service and a pool if you get in early enough to use it. There's also the BW Suites Hotel/LAX (which might be best for a family), Comfort Inn & Suites, Courtyard at LAX--all have complimentery shuttle service. Century Blvd new LAX is just one after another of big modern hotels and acceptable for what they are--places to crash while traveling.

Old May 11th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Pat

We did the reverse last summer. Wanted a place to crash because the airline changed our flight out to 6:30 AM. We stayed at the Travelodge at LAX. Not luxury by any means, but the motel is nicely landscaped and the pool was good for the kids. Plus there was a Denny's(?) there (Yuch- but convenient and cheap which is good when you're at the end of a 2-week vacation) And I seem to remember the price as good (somewhere around $70 I think). They have an airport shuttle which we used to drop off our rental car the night before and to get to the airport the next morning without any problem.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:32 AM
Jo

I like the Hyatt at the airport

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:43 AM
Laura

I've also stayed at the Hacienda Hotel. Room was fine and the rate was good.

Old May 24th, 2001, 11:56 PM
lcuy

We like the Marriot Courtyards, and have stayed there a couple of times a year for about 3 years. They're only a couple of minutes from LAX and their shuttle is free and runs often. We enjoyed the Travelodge too.We used to stay at the Wyndham,which is the closest hotel to LAX until their restaurant was downgraded to C (or D?). The same trip we found pieces of metal in our dinner, and a used bar of soap in our shower!