Late night in NO

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:20 AM
katie

Late night in NO

Arriving at Omni Royal Orleans around 10:30pm and will be looking for a late night dinner. Can anyone suggest a place for a casual dinner within a safe walking distance of the hotel.

Also looking for a suggestion for a cigar bar for after dinner drinks near Bella Luna or the hotel.

Thanks in advance

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Susan

Katie, I have not been here yet (my trip to New Orleans starts later this week) but in my research I found this place, the Bombay Club in the Prince Conti Hotel at 830 Conti Street. They have a late night bistro menu which is served starting at 10:30pm, an extensive martini menu and I believe I read that they have a cigar menu as well.

www.thebombayclub.com

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Owen O'Neill

I returned last night from my first trip to NO and was suprised at how few places are open for a late dinner (I'm accustomed to NYC dining schedules). Not sure how far it is from your hotel but NOLA seats until midnight (at least on weekends - not sure about weeknights). We walked around in the Quarter at 10:30 or so on saturday night in search of coffee and dessert and found that all the nicer restaurants stopped seating at 10 PM. Ended up having dessert at NOLA and were very pleased - friendly staff and prices were within reason by NO standards.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Hugh

I'm going to be a first timer to NO next month. I found a fantastic guide that has everything you need to know. (Not a shameless promotion...I've got no personal interest in this company). It's called Avant Guide to New Orleans. It lists late night dining, all night, cheap ass dining (that's really what they call it. Also hotels, bars, day trips, parks, language guide, etc. Nothing against the Fodor's guide, but this one is outstanding.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Patrick

I have not had a chance to try it yet, but I have heard good things about BELLE FORCHE, 1407 Decature (a few steps from Esplanade) They have a special late-night menu and are supposed to be quite lively after 10.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:49 PM
katie

Thanks so much for the recommendations. Susan - The Bombay Club looks like its just what we're looking for - close to the hotel, nice looking menu and nice atmosphere. We'll be there Wednesday so I'll let you know how we made out.