Search

Last night's Amazing Race

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 09:54 AM
caribtraveler

Last night's Amazing Race

Did anyone watch it?
Loved it. Haven't been to Argentina yet, to keep this travel-related
Glad the "no respect for each other" couple got eliminated.
Still loving the older couple who met via the internet.
The little person and her cousin - what characters!
Bowling moms disappointed me with their lie about exchanging money (yes fight hard, but fight fair).
Let's not even talk about the pizza brothers. Hopefully they'll be the next to go.

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean you're watching anything besides the travel channel

Yesterday I watched LA-SF ride on travel channel, it's interesting to see the places you've been to "live" on TV.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
caribtraveler

Not at all! I still watch the Travel Channel!
However, I did miss the LA-SF ride show.

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:07 AM

I watched it and also loved it! I'm SO glad that horrible team got eliminated! I thought that Buenos Aires looked nice. I like that they've shown artwork from both locations so far (the big hand thing on the beach last time and the big tulip on this one). Such neat things that cities have and we don't even know about!

I hope they start having tasks in more remote areas rather than all cities--I enjoy the "outdoorsy" stuff.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:23 AM
jor

The problem with this show is that they have too many people doing too many different games at too many different places at too many different times. I have watched past seasons and after the first show of this season my head was spinning. They need to focus on the travel situations and get rid of those stupid contests. The travel itself and all the problems that go with it should be the contest.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:37 PM
bluestructure

I never knew walking dogs was so hard. I cant believe they stopped that ferry to allow charla to get on it. She sure is getting alot of help and extra attn. Well, im routing for the MD girls! It will be very interesting to see how the relationship plays out between the twins and chip/kim. yeah, lets not even talk about the mario and his fellow pizza brother. I really loved that cemetary, was it big or what!!!

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:43 PM
ltt

love this show.
i'm so glad alison is gone. it really would have ruined the rest of the season for me littening to her whining and bitching.
i like it when it gets down to about 6 couples - that's when it's at it's best i think.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM
kkj

Caribtraveler, I agree with your comments and like you enjoy the show. I do however wonder why you posted under United States. Shouldn't this, at best, be listed under Other?
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM

ltt: is it littening because of your screen name? or is that a typo, just thought it was kind of funny.

going to make my grocery litt now.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:12 PM

I loved, loved, loved it!!! Great episode! I really liked the whole tango part--just beautiful! I too am glad that the internet couple is still in as well as the dad/daughter team.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:14 PM

Isn't Amazing Race a fun show to watch, I love all the travel & the couples.
Anyone have a fav team yet? I'm rooting for Mirna & Charla, they are too funny & are trying so hard.
Those pizza brothers are nasty...they gotta go next!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 03:03 PM

I agree, the Tango thing was beautiful. And some of the reactions to the foam club were hysterical!

So far, I really like the father/daughter team, and the "married parents." What did the pizza brothers do that was obnoxious? Wasn't it the bowling moms that lied about exchanging money? And what did the twins do to the married parents that really ticked them off? I must have missed stuff while moving laundry around!

I do think the teams have become much more devious and cutthroat with each season!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 03:17 PM

The pizza brothers (who unfortunately reside in my home area) are just rude and obnoxious. Calling someone in a foreign country a useless foreigner is just laughable ignorance. Personally I think that Charla's cousin is kinda cute myself.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 03:58 PM
bluestructure

I agree mike, calling a foreigner useless in their face and in their city is shameful and rude.

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:08 PM

"And what did the twins do to the married parents that really ticked them off?"

I think the twins are mad at Kim & Chip, they think Chip is a bully, Chip & one of the twins both arrived at a cab at the same time & neither of them would budge, till another cab arrived.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny watching these people struggle with a foreign language. But is that the best they can do? I mean really....."Por Favor...stoppa el boat, stoppa el boat! "
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 05:42 PM
caribtraveler

kkj: I wonder why you're wondering...