Reload this Page >

Las Vegas weather right now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Jill

I am going to Las Vegas this Friday and am curious what the weather is like right now. I have checked www.weather.com and I know the temperature is between 35 and 60, but that's such a broad spectrum. I'm from Boston (freezing!), so what should I be bringing? Winter coat? Thank you kindly!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:52 PM
Teresa

Jill,

We were in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Temps during the day were in the 50's but dropped rapidly once the sun went down. I had a winterish coat (not super heavy but nice and warm) and it felt good at night. Even in the daytime I wore sweaters or long sleeves at the very least.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Joy

I just got back this past weekend and from my "Pittsburgh point of view", it's a lot warmer there than it is here!

I got by with a turtleneck and a wool blazer with slacks. You will most likely not be outside all that much anyway in the evening. And who wants to wear a heavy coat inside. If you have to walk THAT far, take a taxi!

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Joe

There is quite a difference between the temps you indicate, but I assume those are night and day temps. Light sweater or light coat will be fine during the days. The evenings get cool and I would suggest layering a seater and coat. If there is wind, then all bets are off. Even at 60 wind chill can have an effect. We have been having some rain. However, if you are used to Boston weather, you will probably survive the weather in Las Vegas just fine.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 10:14 PM
Lolly

Just talked to my friend who lives there. He was complaining about the rain and that they had already had their 4 inches for the year. Supposed to rain until Friday so beware it could be in the 70's. I would pack for both hot and cold weather. kind of like going to the beach in spring sometimes it nice but you need a sweat shirt.
Have a blast!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 02:10 AM
Helpful

http://weather.yahoo.com/