Las Vegas Shows

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Shows

Thinking of seeing "O" - anyone know where is the best place to sit - don't want to get wet - but want a good view and is the show worth the price?
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 04:01 AM

We sat in the second row (which were considered "wet" seats) and we didn't feel a drop.

I've seen "O" twice once in the seats stated above and another time further back - both great. I don't really think there's a bad seat.

Have fun - I wouldn't worry about getting wet.
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 05:33 AM

We preferred Mystere, but O is definitely worth seeing. I chose my seats based on the www.lvol.com website and someone's recommendation there..sort of center and half way back..might you be staying at the Bellagio, because they have seats set aside for their clients.
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

Horatio - why did you prefer Mystere? We could see either one - so would be interested in hearing from someone who has seen both? I had just heard more about "O". Thanks.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 08:23 AM

In previous posts on other threads I have recommended that getting mid-level seats are best for the "O" show. This allows a person to fully appreciate the acrobatic acts that sometimes appear directly overhead when a person is seated in the first few rows. The front rows are intimate, but it is important to be able to see over the first few performers and catch what's going on deeper in the back of the stage, as well. Sitting mid-level accomplishes all of this. Front row seats don't really get splashed, as mentioned above.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 08:33 AM
E

I tend to agree--middle to back of the theater would be my preference. Even the last row isn't too far away, b/c the theater is so small. We sat toward the back of the middle, if that makes sense, in the center, and really liked our seats as we could see the entire stage from top to bottom--important b/c they launch a lot of stuff from the ceiling.

Is it worth it? Have you seen other Cirque shows? It is very elaborate in its costumes, music, choreography, imagery and staging, most impressive, IMO. Nothing quite like it.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM

You don't get wet at the show no matter where you sit. It's not like going to see Shamu!

Is it worth the price??? NO show in Vegas is worth the prices they charge!! But I will say that "O" and Mystere are definitely VERY good!
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 08:53 PM

How does the new Cirque show (name escapes me?)compare to O or Mystere (I've only seen Mystere)?
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 07:07 AM

topping