Search

Las Vegas shows

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Liza

Las Vegas shows

Hello,

I am taking my parents for their first trip to Las Vegas next week. I have researched the LV Advisor, Frommers, Las Vegas.com, but I thought I would check here. I know that supposedly the best show is 'O', but I am pretty sure that production is on hiatus while we are there and we don't think we could spend $100 each on a show.
I won't go to Blue Man Group because it's a permanent show in Boston.
Has anyone seen the Mac King show? Cheaper, afternoon show that gets good reviews.
Any shows that we shouldn't miss? Anyone know about coupons for shows? I shouldn't admit that we are cheap, but we are, and would like to spend our money eating well, rather than on a really pricey show. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Sam

None of my business of course, but what sense does it make to come to Vegas all the way from Boston to EAT WELL instead of seeing the shows? I would probably bring crackers from home to eat while in Vegas thus saving every penny to see the 'O' which IS the best.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Liza

I know O is the best. I know, I know, everyone says it, yes eat crackers and sleep on the street to see O. The problem is O has special blackout dates while we are there. Is Mystere a viable alternative?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Sam

Definitely. The best choice would be to buy tickets via the Treasure Island telephone ticketmaster. This way they can assign seats with better view. Make sure to ask...

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 06:17 AM
thereuare

If O and Mystere are "dark" while you are there, i'd bet (pun intended) that you're parents would REALLY enjoy Danny Gans.