Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Show Prices

Search

Las Vegas Show Prices

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Kim

Las Vegas Show Prices

How do you get good seats to the shows? Is any place cheaper than another? I'm thinking
about Mystere and O.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:58 PM
xxx

I saw Mystere and ordered tickets directly from the hotel so didn't get a bargain but from what I observed all seats are pretty good. It was a great show. There have been threads about which of the two you are considering are better. I chose Mystere from what I read.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Vic

Things have changed from the old days. You could get a good seat by giving the host a "tip". The size of the tip and the popularity of the show governed where you sat.

These days you buy tickets. It's been my experience that being a nobody the seats I they want to sell me are less than perfect. The hotels hint that you will get better seats if you're a guest. Of course, you can get better seats at smaller shows for less money. If you don't insist on the major showrooms, look in the free papers, they often have discount coupons for the less popular shows.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Mike Hocksbigg

get them from ticketmaster as soon as you can

seems like they go online 90 days before show date

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Wendy

tickets for O can be purchase off the Bellagio site, they start at $100 each. I'm sure mystere is about the same. Ticketmaster will also have them. Book at least 45 days in advance as these shows sell out every night!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:12 PM
thereuare

I don't know the current policy for Mystere and O, but i remember it as follows (and was current about 6 months ago):

Tickets go on sale to guests of the hotels 90 days in advance (if you want to see Mystere at Treasure Island, you can be a staying at Treasure Island, Mirage, Bellagio, or whatever other hotels are now owned by the owners of TI (i think MGM might be owned by them now too)).T

Tickets then go on sale to the "general public" 30 days in advance.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:17 PM
thereuare

Oh yeah, and the hotels hold back the best seats for their "high rollers" who decide last minute that they've lost enough at the crap table and "maybe i'll catch a show."

These seats that go unclaimed go on sale shortly before showtime, but the line for them begins in the morning (and no guarantee that there will be ANY tickets available, but there are usually at least a few). These tickets are the same price as the ones purchased in advance (although the "high rollers", of course, never pay). I don't recommend this option, as you'll spend nearly 1/2 the day waiting on line... not the ideal way to spend a vacation!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:42 PM
sandy

Actually, the best way to get tickets to Mystere or O is to do exactly what "theruare" talks about. Wait in line for any left over seats for the same day show. The line doesn't begin in the morning though! I was just there in October and did this. The line starts a few hours ahead of show time ( ask at the show desk), but one person can wait while the other person gambles and brings back free drinks for the line person! My sister and I lined up late. I waited about an hour and wasn't even sure if we'd get in because we were so far back in line, but we got 6th row center section. About the best seats in the house. I would definitely recommend doing this. I saw severaly people that had been in this line in the front row with no one farther back than about row 10.