Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Restaurants

Search

Las Vegas Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 02:04 PM
John

Las Vegas Restaurants

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on these Vegas restaurants? Billy Bob's Steakhouse, Buccaneer Bay Club, Dive, Macaroni Grill, Pasta Pirate, and Redwood Bar & Grill. Thanks.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 02:46 PM
Rich

Two of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas are located in the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. One is the Cheesecake Factory. Do not be fooled by its name. It has great food in a trendy atmosphere. Prices are a bit higher that average. It is located at one end of the Shops in the direction of the Atlantis exhibit.
The other resturant is located right on the center court of the Shops across from Gucci. I do not remeber the name but you can't miss it. It is of Italian theme. Great food!

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 09:43 AM
David

Dive (partly owned by Steven Spielberg) is a decent, quirky "theme" restaurant. Think Hard Rock Cafe or Planet Hollywood--submarine-themed. The food is about on part with those other chains. I've been a couple of times and enjoyed it. Definitely try the fries.

If you eat in Vegas, you've gotta hit a buffet. The one at the Rio is good, and the Palace Station's is nice.

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 10:01 AM
diane

Buccaneer Bay Club is at Treasure Island. The food is excellent & the view of the pirate show is great. Make reservations in advance. I have tried Dive which is located at The Fashion Show Mall. The food was ok and the atmosphere was pretty interesting with all the submarines and water exhibits. Go there for lunch only. A great steak place I enjoyed was at Cesears Palce called Neros. Great food & very attentive service. I have been to Vegas many times so if you need more advice on restaurants just ask.

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 05:03 PM
Karen

We really liked a restaurant called Phillips, a few miles off the strip...seemed like a locals place and was very good.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 01:05 PM
Richard Murray

I haven't eaten at the Macaroni Grill in Vegas, but it's a chain and I've been to ones in other parts of the country. The food is very good for a chain -- the pastas are always excellent. With all the unique restaurants in Vegas, though, you don't want to spend too much time eating at national chains (unless there's no Macaroni Grill near you, in which case I guess it is unique). I agree with whoever said that the buffets are great -- the one at the Rio is unbelievable. Actually there are two buffets there: Carnival World and the seafood buffet. I've only been to Carnival World, but I hear the seafood one is great, too.

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 07:06 AM
donna

Buccaneer Bay has excellent food but reservations are a must. Try the souffle for dessert. Fiore's at the Rio is very good and has an extensive wine list. Another nice place in Mortoni's in the Hard Rock Hotel. Spago in the Forum Shops is also nice-go for a late lunch and sit in the cafe area under the "clouds." The buffets at the Rio are enormous - avoid the weekends-Monday or Tuesday is best. Have a great trip!

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:50 AM
Sandra

I think you are refering to the Resewood Bar and Grill they have posters all over the airport with the waiter holding a lobster about 2 feet long, and billboards on many strip busses with the long stem rose after the name. It is opposite Treasure Island on the cornor by itself, as the Sands used to be next to it. The service was excellent, the steaks were cooked exactly as requested, large portions, After dinner the bill is presented to the man, while a rose is presented to the woman. It seemed to have many repeat customers as the staff knew the names of many if the patrons, that night and knew they would see them again. It is more on the dark side of cozy, while some may refer to it as "clubby"

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 12:49 PM
Anne

I liked Michael's Hole in the Wall. It's an Italian restaurant near Bally's I think. It's famous so you'll hear of it.I agree with all the others about the buffets. They are not to be missed.

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 02:15 PM
sandra

names are "Rosewood Grille and Lobster House"
and "Batissta's Hole in the Wall". Batista's is on Koval lane, paraelle to the strip, perpendicular to the Flamingo rd. entance to Bally's. It offers price-fix meals, several courses at one price, including wine with meal and cappucino after.

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 05:24 AM
Sue

Spago's was great. Emeril's was to die for,but reservations several weeks in advance are a must. If you only do one brunch - Ballys Sterling Sunday brunch is the best I've had. It is pricey $50, but unlimited Mumm's Cordon Rouge and the food is absolute quality. Caviar, sushi, lobster, rack of lamb - to die for. I may be the only one on the planet that did not like the Buccaneer Club. Maybe because it was late on a Sunday night, but the service was atrocious. You can see the pirate battle whichwas great. The food was lovely, but the servixe was way off.