Reload this Page >

Las Vegas/McCarran Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 12:11 AM
Mark

When I traveled to Hawaii recently from LAX I couldn't quite figure out WHY both LAX and Honolulu Int'l looked so, well, unattractive and dull. And then it finally dawned on me: The last airport I had been to before that trip was McCarran, and I then realized what a great and beautiful airport it really is!! Anyone agree?

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 03:06 AM
Tom Morse

My favorite is still Orlando. The slot machines at Mcarren are kind of weird.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 03:43 AM
Michael

Orlando and Vegas do have nice airports. A really nice small airport is in Austin, TX. They've used mainly recycled materials (no it doesn't look like a tire sculpture or anything), and it has a minimal, clean, post-modern kinda feel. Low key but cool.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 09:00 AM
Linda

Mark, I agree. I think McCarran is one of the prettiest, if not THE prettiest, airports in the world, and I've traveled through many. I met one of the designers and they decided, before putting pen to paper, that the tourists' vacation experience should start before they arrived at their hotel. It should start as soon as they step into the terminal. So they tried to put the glamour you will find on the strip into the terminal, and still keep it a functional, easy-to-use facility. I definitely think they succeeded.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Mac

Amazing how much money a city can spend on its airport when tax revenues are so large that they can't find enough places to spend it!!
I'm exaggerating of course (a bit).
But that is the biggest reason McCarran is so nice...gambling revenues.