Search

Las Vegas Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Hotels

Where can I find good deals for Vegas Hotels? For example...which website etc...
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:57 AM

A "good deal" varies from person to person. I don't know what that means to you.

Usually is hard to beat the properties own web site. There are some sites that will give you general info about most of the properties like:

cheapovegas.com
lasvegasadvisor.com
vegas.com
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 09:24 AM

funjetvacations.com will sometimes have consolidator prices for Las Vegas hotels.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:36 AM

If you know the dates you want to go, scout around on the hotel web sites. Most big Vegas hotels have a calendar section on their web sites that show their rates for a basic room for any given day. You would be amazed at how much the prices can vary from one day to the next!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I forget to be more specific sometimes.

Need stay for August 7th to August 10th.

So, going on to their own websites would be best?

I stayed at the Luxor in 2000 for $70 a night..not sure if it was a good deal then.

But somewhere along that rate would be good.

What are the newer hotels now...I was reading this site...and some people were talking about "The Hotel"...is that any good...

and where did everyone else prefer...
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:42 AM

www.hotelkingdom.com is a great site!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM

theHotel is part of Mandalay Bay and is very nice, but I don't think you'll ever see it for $70/night. Hotels in Vegas have gotten a bit expensive.

If you go to www.vegas.com/map.html you can see where all the hotels on the strip are. The Wynn is newest. Higher end properties include Wynn, Bellagio, Venetian, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, Caesars. Others would probably argue with classifications, but I might put Paris, Aladdin, TI, Monte Carlo, Luxor, NYNY, MGM as middle of the road, and others a bit lower. Don't know if I might have forgotten any, and I'm not including off-strip hotels.

Your best bet is still, as mentioned above, to look at the hotel websites. August specials will be up now, so you'll see what deals are available.

As some examples:

Bellagio and THEhotel are both about $200/night for those dates.
Paris is $119/night for those dates.
Bally's is $79/night for those dates (but Sunday is $69).
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:48 AM

I've never used hotelkingdom.com, but a quick search just now turned up no hotels in Las Vegas that are actually on the strip.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 02:55 PM

I'd pretty much agree with jlm_mi regarding the classifications, but realize that "middle of the road" in Las Vegas often compares with palatial and wonderful as hotels go in most cities.

Last year we stayed at the Aladdin and over the years we've stayed at a lot of others, always registering with them for their "club". Recently I've been getting emails and postcards from many of them offering deals this summer that really make me want to pack up and go. Any better deals and it will seem like they're paying me to stay there!

Maybe too late for this trip, but I highly recommend wherever you stay you register with them for future deals.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:12 PM

Venetian has had some nice rates lately.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 05:48 PM

For chocoholic:

Just came back from Vegas 2 weeks ago. Stayed at THEhotel. It was gorgeous.

check out some specifics here. I am sorry I cannot help you with the price, I went for free.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...een_name=dsm22

I hope I did that right. I am not very compter savy.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:13 PM

Nope, I think I did that wrong. HHHMMM. I am trying to link you to my trip report. I have no clue how I did that.

I think I linked you to my screen name.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34641165
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM

We always like Treasure Island. It is in the middle of the strip and it usually has good prices. For the money you can't beat it especially after the remodel. IT has a nice pool also but you have to get down early to get a seat. I think the website is TreasureIsland.com
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Luxor has $79 rooms as of an e-mail this a.m.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:41 AM

Unless you have to have a special discount code to get that $79 rate, they're not offering it those dates. Their website shows $89.99 all 4 nights.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:55 AM

Hi. Don't mean to take your thread chocoholic but it sounds like some others may be able to answer a quick Vegas hotel question for me.

The question is is there a hotel on the strip that is more conveniently located than others to the airport?

I'll be flying in from CT, planning to stay one night in Vegas, for the purpose of driving out to Zion or the Grand Canyon the next morning.

We'll come back to Vegas at the end of the week but I'm thinking after our flight we'll need a little break.

Any recommendations?

Tx, Zoom
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 12:02 PM

Zoom - the map I posted above should help you, but here it is again:

www.vegas.com/map.html

You can see the airport in the lower right corner of that map. Any of the southern strip hotels are convenient (Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur, NYNY, Monte Carlo, MGM, Tropicana). Even the mid-strip ones aren't that far if you want one of them.
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 07:14 AM

Time and time again, Monte Carlo is the least expensive, yet acceptable, hotel in Vegas. Can't say why.

Mandalay is one of the nicer, middle-priced hotels near McCarran airport. theHotel is a chic and hip hotel that will overtake your senses. Part of the same Mandalay property.

Wynn is Willy-Wonka fantasy come to life. Primary colors on the floors and walls; no detail forgotten anywhere. Period. And, you'll pay for it. The Wynn is to die for.

If, however, some prefer value in a hotel I would revert to Monte Carlo or something similar. $69/night midweek. $129/night wknd. Decent pool and lazy river float.

Mandalay for $109/night with the excellent selection of restaurants and excellent wave/beach pool cannot be beaten. Restaurant Aureole is our current favorite. By chef Charlie Parker.

Old Jul 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all your help...I'll look up those now...

Its alright Zoom , not a problem.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 09:06 AM

Zoom,

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay and you will have a car, consider the Orleans. Off the strip but convenient. Easy to jump on the expressway.

If you want to stay on the strip go for the Monte Carlo. Nice, reasonable, easy in and out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -