Search

las vegas hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
las vegas hotel

I'm traveling through Las Vegas with my daughter (21 yr) while on a roadtrip back to FL. Since I'm going to try to get tickets to "O" (anyone know the best way to get those?) I figured I'd try to save on the hotel. Both the Bally and the Luxor are coming up with great rates...Luxor slighly higher. Which do you recommend? We won't be stationary but will be popping around getting a feel for the Las Vegas venue, taking in the sights and sounds. No heavy gambling just lite playing here and there. Also, any suggestions on parking?
Thanks!
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 11:08 AM

I haven't stayed at either, so can't comment on the rooms, pool, etc., but Bally's is much, much more centrally located. I'd choose it in a heartbeat over Luxor because location is important to me in Vegas.

The best way to get O tickets is to stay at Bellagio and call the concierge. The next best way is to go to www.cirquedusoleil.com and buy them there. It sells out early, so buy them as soon as you're sure of your dates.

As to parking, almost all the strip hotels have free parking garages. Just check with your hotel as to the best way to reach it when you drive into town.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 11:09 AM

Oh, www.vegas.com/map.html will give you a great idea of where the hotels are relative to one another.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 12:48 PM

patch-
between the 2 hotels, I would also go with Bally's- it is definitely more contrally located and has undergone a totaly renovation.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM

stay mid strip...Bellagio, Tropicana(great location and cheap if you book directly with their website)Paris, caesar's(expensive). We saw "O" and got the limited view seats for $93 pp through the Bellagio web site. Not limited view at all and a Really Great show. The Luxor, MGM, Rio, NY NY, are all out of the way for most of your trip but you can walk there from Tropicana area if you really want to see those hotels.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 06:49 PM

If your choiced is between the two, thre is a walkeway connecting Bally's and the Bellagio since they are directly actoss the street. There is a raised walkway connecting the two. Bally's is your best bet for convenience. Ballys is centrally located. Hotels offer valet parking, just ask by calling ahead. the best way to get O tix is to stay at the Bellagio and call concierge...other than that call the bos office.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 07:09 PM

A client of my husband stayed at the Luxor for business and she hated the rooms. I think the Bally has a better location.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 04:25 AM

funjione - I think you're a tad confused. Tropicana is further from the center of the strip than both MGM and NYNY. Not by much - they're all on the same intersection, but Tropicana is the southernmost of the 3. It's location is really not that great, and not much better than Luxor since they're practically across the street from each other.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 07:56 AM

patch- whoever mentioned valet parking forgot to tell you that in Vegas, valet parking at the hotels is free--all you need to do is tip $1 to get your car...
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:40 AM
ltt

bally's but specify that you want a newly renovated room.