Search

Las Vegas Buffets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Buffets

Hello,
I will be going to Las Vegas in early March. What buffets do you recommend for breakfeast and dinner? I am interested in the quality of the food without regard to cost. Thanks
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM

kenrf, there is a recent thread which info is difficult to beat. I am topping it for you.
Hope you find it helpful. I did.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Quality in a buffet??? No such thing!
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM

I find it interesting to see "quality of the food without regard to cost" in a post about buffets. Like it or not, buffets are pre-prepared steam table food. Sure some are better than others, but there are so many fantastic places in Vegas where you will get far better food prepared specifically for you and well served. Is there a reason you want a buffet rather than a really great meal?
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM

I agree with NeoPatrick. Many of the hotels here in Vegas bring in top notch chefs from around the US and many come from other countries. They are in the kitchens of the restaurants of the hotels, not the kitchen for the buffet. If quality is what you want, and price is of no regard, I too would suggest any of the finer restaurants in the hotels.
On the other hand if you really need to experience a buffet while you are here, I would suggest the Aladdin, Bellagio, the Rio seafood buffet and Green Valley Ranch.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Incidentally, I have also been amused when some people say they really prefer buffets because they hate sitting around waiting for their food after they order in a "sit down" restaurant. Yet some of those same people think nothing of standing in line for up to an hour at the Rio Seafood buffet. Hmmm. Sit at a nice table and sip a cocktail for 20 minutes while waiting for my food to be prepared -- or standing in a crowded line inching forward for an hour to eat pre-prepared food? I'll take the first one any day. But to each his own.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM

I must have misunderstood Kenrf's question... I thought he was asking about buffets, and not whether he would eat there.
Language problem, I guess...
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM

That is true, Filloa, but the confusion came when he also said "interested in the quality of food without regard to cost." Perhaps he has the mistaken impression that the best food in Vegas is at buffets which is why he asked about them with that description?
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Well, there is a possibility that he meant that there surely must be some buffets that are better than others...
But my English is not very good, so, perhaps I am wrong.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that the better buffets are up to $30 and $35, I think I'd rather eat in a regular restaurant.

Wynn, Bellagio, Paris, Mirage, Treasure Island all have upscale buffets.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 04:07 PM

Filloa, I'm sure your English is fine. But we are only guessing "what he meant". I would think one interpretation is about as likely as another. Since you feel you don't understand English very well, let me explain that normally if someone were asking which buffets are better than others, they wouldn't phrase it as saying "quality of food without regard to cost".
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 04:13 PM

Ok, different cultures, different interpretations.
Kenrf is most probably an American, so your interpretation must be the right one.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nitpick amongst yourselves.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Wow! I did not expect these responses to what I thought was a simple question about buffets. So, let me expand, clarify, and rephrase.

Last time I was in Vegas two years ago, I had breakfeast and dinner at the Paris and Bellagio buffets and dinner at the Mirage buffet. I t hought all three were very good with Paris the best, followed by Bellagio.

I also dined at three full service restaurants. The food All American Grill at New York New York was awful and the service even worse. The food and service at Burger Bar were excellent, but a burger, fries, coffee, and tip were $30.00, more than the best buffets. I also ate at an Irish bar at the Rio which was very good.

With all this in mind, my question is this: What buffet has the best food for breakfeast and dinner without regard to the cost of the buffet?

Also, what deli has the best food without regard to the cost of the food?

I would like to have at least one dinner at a full service restaurant. From other web sites and this site, I understand that the Orleans (where I am staying) and its sister unit the Gold Coast have several good, reasonably priced restaurants. I would like good quality food, 2 or 3 courses, a cocktail or glass of wine, and leave a tip for at most $65, about twice the cost of the dinner buffet at the Wynn. What do you recommend? Any cuisine except Thai or Japanese (too spicey for me), and since I will be by myself, nothing elegant or romantic.

Finally, while I am asking for you opinions and suggestions, have any of you seen the Fab Four show at the Alladin? Is is really as good as the reviews?

Thank you all for responding.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:54 AM

I tend to go to the more moderate almost economy priced buffets. I like Main Street Station, Sunset Station, Orleans and Golden Nugget.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM

Sorry, once again I mistakenly took "without regard to cost" to mean that price didn't matter, but I see it does. My mistake. You're right. You'll get more food at a buffet.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 01:35 PM
tmt

Treasure Island: not enough people there so the food looked "old" - went to the 50's diner type restaurant instead - the singing was good, the food okay.

Paris: liked the atmosphere of being in France, the food was fine and we happened to be there for a late breakfast and they were switching over for lunch, so got to try that too.

Rio: HUGE, maybe too HUGE. We went for breakfast on our way out of Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Breakfast was HUGE, but we saw that they were opening up another whole side of the restaurant for lunch - and that would have been HUGE. Price was good too.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM

Kenrf - I believe you've hit on two of the best already, Paris and Bellagio. Our favorite right now is Wynns. I like good buffets for what they offer, fantastic variety at a very reasonable cost. I find the food at Wynns to be in the main comparable in quality to a very good sit down restaurant and in the main better than most moderate priced restaurants. We also enjoy some of the good, and very expensive "sit-down" restaurants in Vegas. Enjoy buffets for what they are, and don't worry about people criticizing them for what they are not.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Haven't tried the Wynn but that is next on the list for our next trip; however, the Bellagio and the Paris buffets are just tremendous. We love them both and try to make sure we hit both during our stay. We also go to regular restaurants, steakhouse N9NE @ the Palms, Tao, Picasso and then IHOP thrown in just to make it interesting! Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -