Search

Las Vegas 12/24/99

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 07:35 AM
Sylvia

Las Vegas 12/24/99

My first trip to Las Vegas will be on 12/24/99
Can anyone tell me what it's like? I hear it should not be that crowded, is that true?

Any and all types of information & suggestions accepted.

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 08:30 AM
Meg

Hi, Sylvia. I just returned from my first trip to Las Vegas. I'm still not sure whether I liked it or not, but it's definitely a must see experience. We stayed at the Mirage and had a very nice room with a great view of the strip. The rest of the hotel was a bit overwhelming (as was most of the city). If I ever go back, I would probably stay at Bellagio - just a lot less of everything - quieter, not as crowded. During the day, I spent time shopping and enjoying the pool - it was near 80 everyday I was there. The shopping is incredible - designer shops abound. I spent one day just wandering from hotel to hotel - Treasure Island, Venetian, Bellagio, Paris, etc. We enjoyed the shows that we saw - Danny Gands at the Rio, Jubilee! at Bally's, and Siegfried & Roy. Everywhere we ate, the food was excellent but we never really came across any of those great bargains that the city seems to be so famous for - but maybe we didn't look hard enough. I loved the Liberace Museum. It's way off the strip and requires a cab ride, but I definitely thought it was a very Las Vegasy thing to do and will never forget it. Hope you have a good trip.

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 02:18 PM
judy

Sylvia, go to www.lvol.com and read their discussion forum along with the rest of their sites. You'll find lots of stuff there. I really enjoy Las Vegas and never thought I would, but from my first trip, I was hooked. I go there twice a year. As we say, "It's Disneyland for adults."
Have a great time...

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 06:58 PM
David

the shows will mostly be dark on the 24th and the 25th. Compared to other times, the town is quiet; but still nothing to be disappointed about; still crowded but less so.

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 08:48 PM
Jim

Sylvia-Vegas during that time of year is GREAT!! Most of the people stay away at that time of year. It's also one of the best times to get a Bargain on Vegas rooms.

for more info on Vegas, stop by http://www.herehugo.com.

Enjoy your trip.
Jim;HereHuGo.com
The Travel Search Engine
http://www.herehugo.com

Old Nov 18th, 1999, 05:25 PM
dave

Las Vegas 12/24/99 Do you have a room reservation. You do know that LV is of the hotspots for New Year party. I've been told that 500,000 people will hit the strip on New Year Eve(they close it to traffic). The Hotel room rate are way up there 600$ to 2000$ per night with a four to five Min

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 08:24 PM
brogan

Expect it to be COLD at night. I do mean COLD. It is high desert and the winters are COLD at night...did I say COLD?