Pleaes Help find McDonalds in Rome!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are traveling to Rome in 3 days. She is pregnant and now craving egg mcmuffins from McDonalds-nothing else will do. I found a listing of a few of the McDonalds sites in the city, but 2 are somewhat vague: Via del Corso and Via Nazionale. Does anyone know the cross-streets for these two locations or any other locations? I already go the ones in P. di Spagna, P. della Rotonda, and P. Barberini. Thanks in advance from my wife and I!
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 05:03 PM

I'll help you find this - ONLY if you promise not to eat the food.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 05:04 PM

A couple of Micky D's on Rt 5. Not sure where those streets you mentioned are, but make sure to see the Erie Canal Museum!
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 05:49 PM

How funny - when my sister was 3 months pregnant, we traveled to Rome (among other cities) - but she had not yet started her Egg McMuffin cravings. Those didn't start until we got back home, and it was a little scary for a while to see how much of those she ate.

The McDonald's on via Nazionale is about 1 block from the Repubblica metro stop, heading away from Termini. Don't recall the cross street, but it is a small and narrow one.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 05:54 PM

LOL, only for a pregnant woman!
I did the same thing but it was Kentucky Fried chicken in the middle of the night..
I have no idea where McDonalds is in Rome but this will top it for you ..
Have fun! but watch out, she might come home with some craving for pasta for breakfast!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM

I just checked out McDonalds.com, then chose Italy, then Roma in the "commune" box. There are many locations but no maps, unfortunately. I do remember seeing one in the Piazza di Spagna. Maybe if you find one, they will have a city map with all of the other locations marked. I've seen those types of advertiment maps before.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 06:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
~I answered you on the Euro board. all the locations.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 04:34 AM

There was a McDonald's yards from the Spanish Steps when my wife and I visited Rome in 1996.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:36 AM

Just a thought: I know that McDonalds has a lot of regional specialties (there's a McTerry burger [teriyaki sauce] and saimin on the menu in Hawaii, a vegetarian bagel in Japan, etc). And having eaten at a number of them around the world (read clean bathrooms...). Some of the regular items taste (and are) different from those in the US. So my questions are: first, do they actually have egg mcmuffins in Rome? Second, are they the same? Canadian bacon?
I remember an experience in London. We got up late for an optional tour and decided to get breakfast on the way. We stopped in a Burger King (because I remembered that their croissan'wiches were decent). They didn't have them on the menu, but they did have a breakfaast sandwich, which I bought, assuming that it would be similar. (I have learned that one should NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING...I should have known better.) It was ghastly. Nasty roll, 2 half cooked scrambled aggs and about a half cup of ketchup. I shudder at the memory of it.
I'm not saying that this will be your experience at McDonalds in Italy, but it might be a good idea to check if egg mcmuffins are really the same thing in Rome.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 07:23 AM
sks

lol - I can't help you with a McDonalds in Rome, but found this post funny because yesterday, at 6 weeks pregnant, I gave into an intense craving for a greasy breakfast sandwich - and then felt sick the WHOLE day. I learned my lesson!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM

I think the Happy Meal box in Rome's McDonalds includes a complimentary feather and bucket along with that greasy sandwich!

When in Rome....
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 09:53 AM

I was just in Rome last month. I didn't eat at McD's but someone on our tour did and said it was okay. The ice cream is supposed to be good. We were in the Termini area and I believe the MCD's was either in the station itself or very close to it. Just ask at your hotel and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction to it or another McDs. I believe another advantage to McD's is that the WCs, lavatories are free...a good point to keep in mind for a pregnant woman!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 10:01 AM

Oh, Brother!

Just a warning from someone that knows a little about the chain restaurant industry.
1: they may NOT have egg mcmuffins!
2: the food probably won't taste the same. From the water in the beverages lines to the food the cows eat, it is different than it is in the US.

Good luck. It could get ugly. ;-)
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:29 AM

There is a McDonald's on Piazza della Rotonda - facing the Pantheon.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:33 AM

There is a Mickey D's at the corner of via Nazionale and via Firenze. At the Piazza della Republica at the north end of via Nazionale there is also a Mickey D's to the right(in the direction of the train station) as you face north. It's right next to an expensive hotel, I unfortunately don't remember the name.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:36 AM

The second one I mentioned may be one that is on Via del Corso.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 12:11 PM

The expensive hotel is Boscolo Exedra!
Have a drink in their bar to cool off!