Lake Placid, Finger Lakes?

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 06:10 AM
kelly

Lake Placid, Finger Lakes?

Thinking about visiting one of those lakes around the Lake Placid area. Would like to stay someplace "rustic" or like a cabin on the lake. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 09:46 AM
G.B.

Kelly: Lake Placid Village is around Mirror Lake and Lake Placid is near by. Finger Lakes area is another region of New York state. Refresh your geography knowledge

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 11:11 AM
Owen O'Neill

Both the Lake Placid area and the Finger Lakes area have their attractions. If it's a fall trip I'd shoot for a weekend when leaves will be hitting peak. In the Lake Placid (Adirondacks) area that could be as early as mid-late September and weekend lodging prices jump for the "leaf-peeper" season. In the Finger Lakes, leave hit peak about a month later and prices will be less elevated. Finger Lakes also has the appeal of the winery region and tours as welll as Ithaca - a very cool small city that's great fun to visit and hang out in. I can't make specific lodging recommendations but hope this helps a bit.

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 03:14 PM
KK

Lake Placid Lodge and Mirror Lake Inn have very nice 'log cabin' type accommodations and the area is beautiful. What time of year? Where are you coming from...the 2 are a good distance apart.

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 07:39 AM
lea

Kelly,
I visited Lake Placid a couple of years ago...it's so beautiful. The most popular and scenic hotel is on Mirror Lake; it carries the same name and has a wonderful reputation as an inn. I don't know another to recommend. (We stayed at the Holiday Inn so I drooled with envy when we canoed on Mirror Lake and I spotted where I'd like to stay!