Reload this Page >

Lahaina vs.Wailea hotels

Search

Lahaina vs.Wailea hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Kathy

Lahaina vs.Wailea hotels

We need suggestions on where to book our hotel in Maui this February.
Hotel considerations- Royal Lahaina, Lahaina,
or the Maui Prince in Wailea. The Maui Prince is slightly higher, but we wouldn't mind the Royal Lahaina if people have enjoyed it. Your thoughts are great appreciated!
I need to book today (Friday).

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Sarah

can we get some suggestions for Kathy?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Barbara

Kathy, I have not stayed at either hotel, so I can't comment on them, sorry. I did want to mention that they are in entirely different areas of the aisland. Lahaina is a fun little town, lot of people, things to look at and restaurants to visit, all within walking distance. the Maui prince is pretty much all by itself, except for some condos, right at the southern end of Wailea/Makena. Everywhere you go will require driving. So, not only are you choosing a hotel, but surroundings do you want?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 08:42 AM
dejahma

There have been a lot of bad reviews of the Royal Lahaina here and on Frommers site. Bugs, dirty, etc. The Prince is at the end of the Road, a drive to everything. Have you considered a condo. Good deals at hawaii-hawaii.com We used them for a trip in Jan. and paid $125 for an oceanfront studio in the Mahana.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 12:20 PM
k

I'll check out the condo information.
Thanks!
Any other thoughts welcome!
Kathy

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Buzz

advertising is strictly forbidden here, you loser.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Celeste

Kathy, check out Vacation Rentals By Owner (www.vrbo.com) There are plenty of condo rentals with pictures and I've never had a bad rental from there.