Laguardia traffic

Old Dec 31st, 2017, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Laguardia traffic

Hi. Does anyone have a sense of how bad traffic is going into LGA this week? I’m trying to figure out how much time we’ll need to make our 9:30a flight (via taxi from the UWS). Thanks.

(Apologies for the double post but I neglected to tag the state in my original.)
Old Jan 1st, 2018, 08:08 AM

Have no idea. We frequently leave for 73 and West End and plan on an hour at non peak times.
Old Jan 2nd, 2018, 12:29 PM

I think you should leave no later than 7 am since you're going to hit rush hour traffic regardless of what you do, and planning for an hour is wise, even if you make it much faster. Tourist traffic really does wind down a lot after the holidays, so things aren't going to be nearly as crazy as the last couple of weeks.

But if you're not checking bags or if you have pre-check, you may have more leeway.

You also don't say what day this week, but right now traffic to LGA is almost always bad with the construction. And long security lines are also an issue on some days, but I think they won't be that much of an issue now that the holidays have passed.

Finally, I'd book a car service rather than a taxi. It guarantees you a pick-up time and doesn't have a meter in case traffic is really bad for some reason.