Reload this Page >

Laguardia to Pellham Bay Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 03:43 PM
vicki robinson

Hello, Will be renting an apt. in the Pellham Bay area for a couple weeks in September & am wondering if the commute to that area is difficult from Laguardia. I will have 2 suitcaes & traveling with my husband.Also is Laguardia the closest airport to the Pellham Bay area.? Anyone have ideas on the cost for a taxi to this area. Thanks, Vicki

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 07:14 PM
marc

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 04:15 AM
Neal Sanders

Vicki, LaGuardia is in fact the closest airport to the Pelham Bay area, about three miles as the crow flies. The two are linked by the Whitestone Bridge. On a leisurely Saturday morning, you can get from one to the other in under 20 minutes.

That's the good news. The bad news is that, on weekdays at rush hour (6-10; 3:30-7:30), the Grand Central Parkway, Whitestone Expressway, Whitestone Bridge, Hutchinson River Parkway, and probably the street on which you're renting an apartment, are all clogged with traffic. I've sat in traffic that took half an hour just to clear the Whitestone Bridge.

Using public transportation from LaGuardia to Pelham Bay is not realistic. Get a cab, try to time your arrival for non-rush hour or, better yet, the weekend.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 12:06 PM
harry

Who would want to go to the Bronxxxx??

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 02:30 PM
Helen

I guess I can answer that - me! Neal, your post hit all the high points of my daily car commute from Queens to the Bx. Like a regular native New Yawkuh!
Vicki, I'm wondering what led you to rent in Pelham Bay? (No knock against the area, just curious how an out-of-towner lands there.)

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 09:31 PM
vicki

Helen, Hello. This is my 4th trip to NY-the 1st 2 times I stayed in Manhatten -last year I did some research on the internet & found a good place to rent-a 1 bedroom apt. at the Pellham Bay subway stop. Its about 3 blocks from the station & a great little neighborhood. When I travel I like to see how others live-so its really pretty cool. My husband & I buy a metro pass & can get nearly everywhere we want. Thanks for all the info. Vicki

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 03:40 AM
John

Hi Vicki:

Having lived in the area....years passed! I wanted to let you know you are close to some of the best attractions in the Bronx. 1. Bronx Zoo 2. NY Botanical Gardens (next to zoo) 3. Arthur Avenu (around 187th Street (again near zoo) great Itallian neighborhood/food!! 4. City Island (cultural treat) 5. Yankee Stadium 6. Head north a tad and you will find the wWestchester coastline. Look for Davenport Park in New Rochelle for a beautiful bay view/picnic area.

JOHN

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 07:01 PM
connie

i think

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 10:18 AM
RD

Therefore you are.