Search

Seattle whirlwind day

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle whirlwind day

Hello,

My husband and I will be flying into Seattle the day before a cruise for a little whirlwind tour. We get in at 4:30pm and have to leave early the next morning, so we're just looking for some tips on what you might recommend doing in Seattle in that short time frame. It's our first time to Seattle, and I'm not sure when we would be back again, so we just want to make the most of it.

Thanks!
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:38 AM

The top attractions are the Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and the ferry to Bainbridge Island for views of the Seattle skyline and (on a clear day) Mt. Rainier, the Cascades, and the Olympic Mountains.

You might also want to have dinner at a restaurant of one our top chefs, such as Tom Douglas (http://tomdouglas.com) or Ethan Stowell (www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com).

HTtY
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
So you fly in at 4:30 PM and are leaving "early the next morning" - does that mean the train to Vancouver?

If so then by the time you get into the city from the airport you'll really only have time for dinner, and if it's the 7:40 AM train to Vancouver, you won't have any time the next morning for anything but hustling to the station at oh-dark-thirty.

When are you coming? Where are you staying?
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Agreeing with the above, you only have time for dinner. Maybe you could fit in going up the Space Needle at night?

If you land SeaTac at 4:30pm you wouldn't get into downtown (if that's where you are styaing) until 5:30 or 6:00pm. The Pike Place Market will be closed by then. Most definitely no time for a ferry ride or anything like that.

What month is your trip? I ask because it gets dark really early in the winter time here, but in summer stays light really late.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 02:25 PM

Definitely eat at a Tom Douglas restaurant. ( Etta's for salmon!) If Pike Place market is open check it out.