COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

La Mesa CA

Old May 26th, 1997, 04:06 AM
Nelson Lau

La Mesa CA

I will be going to La Mesa, CA in this summer.Can anybody tell me more information about La Mesa, CA?
Are there any bed and breakfast in that area?
Thanks.

Old May 29th, 1997, 09:16 PM
Marge Prutzman

Old May 29th, 1997, 09:23 PM
Marge Prutzman

La Mesa is on the East end of San Diego. It is accessible by freeway to all of the attractions that San Diego is famous for - the Zoo, Sea World, Old Town, the beaches. But, it is not known for its accomodations. It tends to be warmer than many other sections of San Diego in the summertime. Your best bet is to try and stay (if possible) nearer to the center of San Diego - Mission Valley. Or, to stay near the beaches - La Jolla is lovely!! Try the La Valencia Hotel - if price is no object. Have a great trip - San Diego is a great vacation spot.

Old May 29th, 1997, 09:26 PM
Marge Prutzman

La Mesa is on the East end of San Diego. It is accessible by freeway to all of the attractions that San Diego is famous for - the Zoo, Sea World, Old Town, the beaches. But, it is not known for its accomodations. It tends to be warmer than many other sections of San Diego in the summertime. Your best bet is to try and stay (if possible) nearer to the center of San Diego - Mission Valley. Or, to stay near the beaches - La Jolla is lovely!! Try the La Valencia Hotel - if price is no object. Have a great trip - San Diego is a great vacation spot.

Old May 29th, 1997, 09:27 PM
Marge Prutzman

Old May 30th, 1997, 10:28 PM
Rene McDaniel

My husband and I both grew up in La Mesa and know that area pretty well, although we live in Escondido now (about 30 minutes away). If you need specific info you can feel free to send us an E-Mail and we'll try to answer your questions. There are B&B's in Southern Calif. but they tend to be in quaint areas such as Old Town, or mountain resorts such as Julian. La Mesa is a residential community, and has plenty of accomodations in the $60 or less (Travel Lodge, Motel 6, EconoLodge) category. There's a great web site for San Diego tourist information at.... http://members.aol.com/localspage
It also has lots of great links. Another useful web page is... httplanetearth.net/SanDiego. The local San Diego paper also has a web site.... http://www.uniontrib.com Hope this helps!