Reload this Page >

LA JOLLA OR MARINA, SAN DIEGO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 1999, 07:12 AM
JANICE

My husband and I are travelling to San Diego for a long weekend in March. Do we want to stay in LaJolla or the Marina? Would you recommend Humphrey's Half Moon Inn? How about Best Western Inn by the Sea?

Old Jan 26th, 1999, 08:06 AM
Tricia

Shelter Island is close to the airport and not sure if you are going to be bothered by planes overhead or not- La Jolla or Mission Bay might be more restfull. Humphrey's looks gorgeous from the pictures in my AAA book. Couldn't find a listing for your other hotel- there were several Best Westerns all 3 star hotels as is Humphreys. La Jolla has the Marriott, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn and the Empress Hotel of La Jolla, all 3 star hotels. If you need prices, phone numbers etc just e mail me.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 04:42 PM
TC

La Jolla hands down. And if you really want something special, stay at La Valencia Hotel.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 05:15 PM
Eric

La Jolla is magnificient!!!! Say at the La Valencia if possible. I hope heaven is as nice as La Jolla. If staying in San Diego, you must stay at the Hyatt Regency. The hotel is excellent. The Hotel Del Coronado is trmendous also. If you stay anywhere else you will be cheating yourself. Good Luck.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 06:18 PM
kathrine

La Valencia in La Jolla or Hotel Del. Both are quite pricey. Half Moon Inn would be nice, but there really isn;t any place to walk to in that area. Enjoy your stay.