Reload this Page >

koa camping or inside yellowstone

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 01:53 PM
jeanette

I'm in the process of looking for a summer vacation at the end of aug in wyoming.We would like to camp but can not bring our own equipment, looking for camping cabins at the Koa. Did anyone try this near yellowstone?Is there a problem entering the park everyday? Or should I try staying in the park.
any advise is welcomed.
thanks

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Dayle

Jeanette, cabins are available inside the park at the campgrounds. Check out the Natl Park website for complete info.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Connie

I would DEFINITELY stay in the park.
Make reservations now.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Utahtea

When you buy the park pass it's good for 7 days. You shouldn't have a problem getting in the park. Their might be lines sometimes.

The KOA camping cabins are not cheap and they charge extra for more than two adults. They also do not supply the bedding so you have to bring your own sleeping bags.
http://www.koa.com/where/morekampgroundinfo/26122rates.htm

It's been years since we stayed in the cabins in Yellowstone but they were fun. I would suggest checking into the cabins in Yellowstone. Also don't stay in just one location. We stayed at Old Faithful, Roosevelt and Mammoth Hot Springs. http://64.33.95.107/mammoth_hot_springs/accommodations/011B_rates_policies.htm

Utahtea

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 04:03 PM
Connie

KOA is outside of west yellowstone to the west. It would take a lot of your time driving in and out of the park. The rates in the park are fairly reasoable and you get so much more out of your yellowstone experience.