KMART FOLKS ONLY- post your comments here

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were singled out and told that our comments were not welcome elsewhere, so here is our spot to write in-jokes.

So how much do you tip the chickens on Kauai?
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:44 AM

Give 'em ~gt;~gt;~gt; a few centipedes, so they won't have to cross the road.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:50 AM
GoTravel

Does it count if I only buy Martha Stewart from K-Mart?

I'm lying. Actually I got the coolest Christmas tree ever from K-Mart last year. It is pink fiber optic and it spins

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:13 AM

I like the KMART on Kaua'i the best even though I have to run through the rain and dodge chickens to get inside.

-Bill
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:15 AM

I liked them better when they were Kresges, Kmart, not the chickens.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:16 AM
JJ5

I actually went to a Wal-Mart to buy a fancy new-fangled coffee maker, does that mean I am eligible?

2/3rds of our K-Mart's have been knocked off by Tar-jay' (Target).
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:23 AM
lvk

No offense to the Klub, but we stopped at the KMart in Kauai to buy sweatpants for the kids for the no-door heli-ride (forgot to pack warm clothes for the tropics - go figure!).

After that experience, I have to say, I still subscribe to the "Rainman theory"...... (Don't make me say it.)
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM

I feel so left out!!!!

How one starts a voting proposition about opening a K-mart in San Francisco?
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:34 AM

GoT -

Your tree spins?!? How cool is that. Anyway, am I crazy, or have I seen the fake trees that pipe out Christmas songs?

I like Kmart ok, but I really wish we could get a Target in Honolulu.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:37 AM

Faina....Here are the K-Marts closest to San Francisco:
Pinole
San Leandro
San Mateo
Hayward
Pleasant Hill
Get Mr Faina.Get the car.Go to K-Mart.Post a report.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM

LOL BeachBoi some report this would be:
"I left my heart in San Mateo"
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM

Faina...I was in Dallas a few Thanksgivings ago with my TA...We got up early and he notcied from the newspaper that K-Mart not too far away was open on TG Day at 7am!! We had nothing else going on till early afternoon so we hopped in the car and went to KM..The place was MOBBED!! We couldnt figure out exactly why till we got to the check out line.They had a specific TV on sale that day only--$89!!! snd everyone but us had one.We laughed about it all weekend.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:17 PM

Hi TXgrandma, "so how much do you tip the chickens on Kauai?". Well the last time I was there I ran around tipping over eve rchicken that I saw. Someone evidently complained and I have been banned from ever returning to Kauai. Those darn Kauai officials have no sense of humor at all!!
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:38 PM

Kmart sucks in our town, where Wally is king! Rumor has it, he'll have to move over soon, 'cause WE'RE GETTING A Targee'!(That's French for Target!).

Can someone please tell me the difference between the shopping experience at Target v.s. Walmart...I just don't see a difference! (But everyone I've spoken with in our town is SO excited about the Target coming) #-o.

I remember a couple years ago some negative publicity about Target not supporting our military in some way...I think some veterans organization collecting at the entrance or something like that?

Belle
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:50 PM

Belle,
It's an urban legend: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

I love Target; much better than Wally world.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:52 PM

Hi Belle, we have both a Walmart and a Target in my city.

I find our Walmart store so depressing. The employees all look so sad and overworked. They are nice but they all have such a miserable look about them it breaks my heart. Certainly not like the bubbly employees that WalMart presents on their TV ads. The store is gloomy and messy. The register lines are so long and slow.

The Target store is fresh and invivting. The employees all seem happy although I am sure they would like to make a higher wage. The store is laided out well with lots of variety.
Register lines are quick to get through. They never hesitate to open up registers if there gets to be a longer line.

Not sure if all of this is true in other cities. It could be the difference between the store managers in our city.

Regarding the military and Target. I have never heard anything negative regarding that and Travis AFB is just a few miles south of us. In fact I often see the AF people shopping in Target even though they have a PX on base. But again, maybe that is a regional difference also?
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:52 PM

Yeah, I think my DIL told me that back then, but had forgotten, Thanks! Belle
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:54 PM

But, please do say WHY you like it better. I've scoped out Target in the town I'm originally from, don't see a real difference between KMar, WMart (other than it's alittle newer) and Target.

What exactly brings you back to Target?

Belle
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM

LoveItaly: Thanks! We must have been posting at the same time!

Our WMarts are not as you describe...that is our KMarts in this area. Wmart is pretty much as the TV displays in our area (with a few exeptions).

In Mobile, Target is just another Walmart in affect IMHO.

Again, thanks, I can understand why you'd prefer your Targets!

Belle
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 01:07 PM

Well, I can't speak for all Kmarts, WalMarts, and Targets, but a few months ago I went shopping with a friend for ready made curtains.

The "help" staff at WalMart looked like they had just emerged from some major catastrophe, like an earthquake or a tsunami. They LOOKED dazed. They could not help. We could find only one curtain that my friend liked, and, of course, it was just one of a pair.

The KMart gal was no more helpful than the WalMart person, although she lacked the shocked look. We could not find anything that didn't look cheesy or cheap. Both the Wal Mart and the KMart had curtains chaotically all over the place, some in their packages and some out.

The Target store was a totally different experience. The gal came over immediately, offered suggestions on several choices, and helped find a pair of curtains where the packages hadn't been previously opened. She seemed to be someone from our planet, Earth. The curtains section was very neat and tidy.

We then went to Sears for pleated curtains. I can't recall what the Sears experience was like, except that we walked out empty-handed.

Last stop was JCPenney's. There were so many choices, I got bored and hungry at the same time. My friend and the saleslady chatted up a storm, my friend made a magnificent order - that was back in August. She has yet to receive half of those custom-made curtains.

Since I don't usually shop in any of those stores, I found the whole experience fascinating. The most I do is to go to Target's to get a storage bin/other small thing once in a blue moon. That's because the Target is convenient.

You asked about the difference in shopping in those stores, this is just one person's experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -