KLOOZIE IN SEATTLE

Old May 9th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLOOZIE IN SEATTLE

I will be traveling to Seattle from Bellingham on August 10th and will only be in the city a day and a half. I will be arriving that afternoon by train and will be flying back to Massachusetts
Friday morning August 12th.. I am a senior female traveling by myself. I have never been to Seattle and want to see as much as possible. The Executive Hotel Pacific downtown was recommended to me. Is it in a safe area? Is it far from the train station? Can I walk from there to the waterfront and the Pike Place Market? Are there any other hotels you can recommend? I was thinking of a harbor tour Wednesday afternoon and a tour of the city and places of interest Thursday. Is Viator a good tour company to book with? Can you recommend any other tour company? Any and all advice would be most welcome. Thank you. Kloozie
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:29 PM

The Executive Hotel is in a safe area a little less than a mile from King Street Station. If you are an active senior, the hotel is within walking distance of Pike Place Market and the waterfront.

However, the Mayflower, the Roosevelt, and Hotel Andra are among those better situated in the core of the retail district.

I prefer to book hotel rooms directly with hotels rather than through a company such as Viator.

The Argosy cruise that goes through the locks gives a good overview of the Seattle waterfront, the skyline, the ship canal, some residential neighborhoods, houseboats, and Lake Washington.

The Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge is another way to get a view of the Seattle skyline and surrounding mountains.

You might enjoy riding to the top of the Space Needle and visiting the nearby Chihuly Garden and Glass.

HTtY
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:01 PM

Don't book a tour through via tour, as they just book you with another company and add a surcharge. The ideas above - the Argosy cruise around the waterfront and through the locks is a good idea, as is the ferry to/from Bainbridge Island - are good ones.

If you like glass art, the Chihuly Museum/Garden is stunning.
Old May 10th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your extremely helpful advice. I will certainly check out the additional hotels and Argosy.
Kloozie
Old May 10th, 2016, 05:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I am 51 and will be traveling alone to Seattle in the fall and the Mayflower is where I am booked because it was also recommended as being able to walk to many things and come back later to a safe area. Have fun!
Old May 10th, 2016, 07:42 AM

Here is a recent thread with a similar time crunch.

http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...in-seattle.cfm
Old May 13th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for all the good info! Kloozie