Search

King George Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:38 AM
AW

King George Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the King George Hotel? What are your thoughts? (Paying $150.00 a night, is it worth it??)
Wife particular about bathrooms-- are the bathrooms within the rooms small, large, etc??

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:43 AM
x

Once again, please state a city/state in the header! I don't know which King George hotel you're talking about!

Old May 21st, 2001, 04:10 PM
mimi

If you are talking about the one in San Fran. we stayed there ten years ago. Then it was a very old hotel built for the visit of King George in the early part of the century. If it hasn't been remodeled, the rooms are small and the bathrooms old.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:19 AM
JC

I stayed at the King George in San Francisco last September. The room was small but clean as was the bathroom. To my recollection, two people could not fit in the bathroom at the same time. Hope this helps.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:46 AM
AW

I do mean the King George Hotel in San Francisco, CA. Thanks to all who have responded!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 10:28 AM
Maura

I've stayed at the King George a couple of times in the past two years. It's kind of funky with small rooms and bathrooms, but it's clean and centrally located. I like it, but will say that I have a co-worker who didn't. One other thing to note is that there is only one (very small) elevator so unless you want to wait awhile, you may end up walking up and down the steps (steep) quite a bit.

Hope this helps.