Search

Kids in LA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 06:11 PM
DallasHoya

Kids in LA

can anyone recommend some good restaurants to take kids ages 7 and 10 in LA and Anaheim? I've heard of Gladstones in Malubi -- anyone know if they have a kids' menu?

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 07:30 PM
xxx

There are several Ruby's Diners around the LA and Orange County area. They definitely appeal to families. Great burgers! There are also a few Old Spaghetti Factory restaurants which offer good value and decent pasta.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 08:07 PM
Brian Kilgore

Re Gladstones. I do not know about the kkids menu, but don't worry about it. Just let the kids share something with each other or with you.

But I bet they do have one. Just do not know for sure.

But I do think it is a good restaurant for kids, and would be one of the places I recommend for children, because it is right by the water.

It's been a while since I was there, and I think it is not quite as far north as Malibu, though. Closer to the end of Sunset Blvd.

Check before you drive too far.

BAK

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 09:47 PM
kam

Stopped in Gladstone's for old times sake about 2 weeks ago on a Friday at lunch. It was full of kids with parents and grandparents. Some sharing with sibs and they must have a kid's menu. It's certainly kid friendly and I wouldn't have any second thoughts about taking them.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 09:49 PM
kam

Oh, Gladstone's is at PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) and Sunset just before you get to Santa Monica. Not sure, but I think that might be Pacific Palisades rather than Malibu.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 03:57 PM
steve

The Spaghetti factory is a good idea. It is in Fullerton by the Amtrak station. Expect a wait. For breakfast, I suggest the Original Pancake House. It is a franchise (check out their web site for locations nationwide- you can't beat their giant apple cinnamon pancake- it puts IHOP to shame). If you go to the Anaheim location on Lincoln east of East Street, do not be put off by the noise or the exterior. The family who runs it has been their for years. In and Out Burgers are a must. Get a Neopolitan Shake and a DoubleDouble-- Get a free bumper sticker and buy the kids a tee shirt (they're a great souvenier for only about 7 bucks) In & Outs are all along the major freeways. The kids won't remember which restaurant they went to, but they will remember a picnic at the beach. Grab some KFC, Del Taco, or sub sandwiches and head for an afternoon down at whatever beach is closest.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Angeleno

Please do not go Old Spaghetti Factory. It's really crappy food, although good atmosphere for kids. If they like burgers, try In-n-Out - it's a fast-food place, but you've never had better fare.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 06:09 AM
Joe

I bet Medeval Times would be enjoyed by your children. It's in Buena Park I believe, close to Anaheim.

There is a italian restaurant near Universal Studios called Micellis (sp?). The food is great and the wait staff performs throughout the evening.