Key West With Teenagers

Search

Key West With Teenagers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West With Teenagers

We are traveling to Key West next weekend with two teenagers, 17 years old. Any suggestions on what to do with them? My husband and I have been to KW many times with adults only but not sure we will find enough to do with them.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 07:34 AM

Perhaps a day-trip to the Dry Tortugas? And/or other snorkeling excursions?

My nephews loved walking & shopping along Duval of course, as well as the circus atmosphere of Mallory Square at sunset.

A conch train tour would be a great way to start your visit -- they may see things they want to visit later.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:08 AM

How about a fishing charter? Or maybe the Island T'ing? Hopefully, Peter will stop by to explain that, but I think it's an all-day excursion that includes kayaking and other stuff I can't remember, maybe snorkeling. Have they been to a million Believe It Or Not places? If not, there's one on Duval. The sunset celebration would be good for one night. Glass bottom boat ride? Parasailing?
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:50 AM

We went with friends who took a waverunner tour that went to various islands. They loved it and it sounded like alot of fun and very interesting. THey found it through one of those kiosks on Duval - those are good to see what is being offered.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:33 AM

I think the Sebago Island T'ing is the best day activity in Key West. It doens't leave too early - boarding is 9:30 for a 10:00 departure - and there is a continental breakfast, a snorkel stop, a very good lunch, then a kayak tour around a mangrove island. Finally, sangria and fruit for the return trip which arrives at 4:00.

This is a great family day away from the hotel, but I was thinking that you cold let your kids do this alone if you wanted. They will not be allowed to drink and the trip is very safe.

It runs approx $90.00 / person with tax, and you can save $5.00 per by booking in advance.

The other two snorkel trips I like are the Floridays for an afternoon trip which goes out of the Hyatt docks. And the Caribbean Spirit for a combo snorkel / sunset sail. It goes out of the Bight.

Other things people like are the Butterfly Conservatory south on Duval Street and the acquarium near the Mallory Docks. You can sample a very good Cuban dinner at El Meson de Pepe just off Front Street. And you should look into B.O.'s Fishwagon on Caroline. The kids will love it.

Pjk
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas everyone. There are definitely some things here that the kids will want to do.