Reload this Page >

Key West-swim with dolphins

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 09:57 AM
Anne

Does anyone have information about swimming with the dolphins in Key West?

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 12:17 PM
chris

I'm not sure about Key West, however, in Islamorada on the approach to Key West there is a place called the Theatre of the Sea where you can swim with the dolphins for appx $95. I've done it and recommend the structured program where you work with trainers who have the dolphins do their various tricks with you. This was the cheapest program that I found in my Keys research on dolphin swims. Good luck...

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 05:28 PM
pamr

We loved Dolphins Plus in Key Largo. You can do the wild dolphin swim, or go with the trained dolphins. We did the wild - it was great!

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 07:01 PM
susan

There is no swimming with dolphins in Key West. The closest place is Marathon.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 09:03 AM
suncloud

From Key West, you need to drive up to MM 59 to the Dolphin Research Center. We went there for a dolphin encounter in June. However, reservations for this excellent ($$) program must be made on a certain day about a month in advance. Look them up on the internet and call for exact day info. There are other places up in Key Largo but I wouldn't recommend them. E-mail me if you have any other questions! Have a great time!

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 09:54 AM
Cindy

I also did the dolphin encounter at the Research center a few weeks ago and it was fantastic - almost spirtual. It is VERY hard to get reservations but well worth the effort. The reason why I chose the center is because they are a non-profit org. and their goal is educating the public not exploiting the dolphins. Their hope is that you will come away from the experience (it's a 2 1/2 hour workshop)with such enthusiasm, that you will share what you learned with family and friends....

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 10:41 AM
Sandy

We were staying in Key West but drove back to Islamorada to Theatre of the Sea. Swimming with the dolphins was a great experience. You're in a lagoon type area with a total of six participants and 2 dophins. I would recommend this program. I made reservations approximatley one month in advance. Have fun!