Reload this Page >

Key West: Sheraton or Casa Marina?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 11:20 PM
Scooter

We'll be traveling on a family trip to Key West this August 26 for 1 week with another family. Total 4 adults/5 kids. We wantt o avoid the party scene and just enjoy some quiet. We've found great deals on the Wyndham Casa Marina and the Sheraton Suites. Is anyone familiar with both? What are the pros and cons of each?

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 05:54 AM
JoAnn

Hi Scooter, try going to WWW.KEYWEST.COM under accomodations and look at the difference--sounds like the Sheraton is all suites, Casa Marina just rooms, unless I read wrong. Would that make a difference? We have not stayed at either (we stay free with our daughter who has lived there 23 years). My personal choice would be the Casa Marina, all things being equal. It's a little further from all the crowds, has it's own beach, and yet, we have walked from there to Mallory Square--or used a bike. Check out the website--and the maps. Both are on the Atlantic side. Email me if you have any questions. JoAnn

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 06:34 AM
susan

Of the two you mention, there's no contest: Casa Marina. But let me suggest the Galleon, which is a timeshare that rents to non-owners. They have one and two bedroom fully equipped condos complete with washing machines and dryers. They have rooms with balconys overlooking a marina and I assure you that once there, you won't even think about partying! My husband and I are grandparents who go there to rest and read but we love the Galleon because it's also within walking distance of so many restaurants. And for your children, it's also within walking distance of the sunset activities at Mallory Square.

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 08:37 AM
Maxie

When I was there this spring they were renovating the Casa Marina and there was a lot of dust and noise. I second the Galleon, we have stayed there and it is very nice.

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Becky

Is the Galleon also facing the ocean? You mentioned harbour. Can you see sunsets from there? A big must!

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 09:05 AM
susan

The rooms we get at the Galleon face their marina, which does NOT have sunset views. However, all guests of the Galleon may use their room keys to get access to a roof area that has - in my estimation - the best sunset views in Key West.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 04:50 PM
Wild Bill

Just got back from Key West and stayed at both places, if money isn't an object, stay at Casa Marina.