Notices

Key West--Looking for a nature kayak tour? in

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:28 PM
Alex

Key West--Looking for a nature kayak tour? in

Yes, I've done a thorough search BEFORE asking this question, but didn't see any answers.

We (a family of three, with a 10 year old son) will be in Key West in early March. We've heard suggestions of a nature kayak tour, but I can't find a specific touring guide/outfit that I can book with, or get information from.

Does anybody know of a touring guide that you could recommend?

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 02:02 PM
josey

Check WWW.KEYWEST.COM for information on Key West, including the tour you want. Enjoy.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:31 PM
sj

We have taken three trips with Danger Charters. They are a class operation out of the marina at the Hilton. The boat was designed by the owner and modeled after a Chesapeake Bay Skipjack. It is a sailboat and takes only 18-25 people at the most. You get to sail to a Marine refuge and then do a guided kayak tour through the mangroves. The crew is awesome and you learn so much. Then you get to do some snorkeling, guided if you want. They provide wetsuits at no extra cost which is a plus in the winter. The trip includes fresh fruit,beverages and chips and salsa. It is NOT a booze cruise but a fun, educational trip with a class crew. My first rip with them was when I had a group of teens in KW for a marine biology program, my second was on my husband's birthday and this past Christmas we took our two early twenties daughters. I would highly recommend them! check them out at dangercharters.com

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:24 AM
grglnswsh

The kayak tour you might have heard of is Mosquito Coast. They have been doing tours for years and years. They only do full day tours and they actually go up the Keys and kayak out of Sugarloaf Key. It is a really neat tour and always different everytime. They only take a small group at a time and reservations are a must.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 03:52 AM

Fran