Reload this Page >

Key West hotel (any suggestions?)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 02:30 AM
Denise

We'll be going to Key West in July and was thinking about staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, on Roosevelt blvd. Has any one ever stayed there?I'm open to all other suggestions.the only reason we were looking at the Marriott, is the pool looks great in the AAA book.
thanks Denise

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 04:23 AM
susan

I would strongly advise you to stay in Old Town. Roosevelt Road is a major thoroughfare with heavy traffic and filled with fast food joints and strip malls. If you stay in Old Town - preferably near the Gulf - you'll be within close walking distance of most restaurants and tourist attractions and all sunset activities.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 04:38 AM
JoAnn

I agree with Susan, Roosevelt Blvd. is very busy--even in July. Check out lodging at www.keywest.com and see what your options are.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:26 AM
james

Casa Marina every time - take a suite.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:27 AM
garyt

Denise- Old Town is a must...try a small hotel or B&B... I loved Marquesa House, Gardens Hotel, Chelsea House. If you really need a hotel, there's the Ocean Key. have fun

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 02:35 PM
linda

Hi Denise,

I stayed on Roosevelt St. (TravelLodge)when I went to Key West this past March.
I actually was quite happy with it. Although the Travellodge was nothing spectacular, I preferred being outside Old Town. (Largely because it was Spring Break) I would stay at another hotel on Roosevelt the next time we go (the Radisson was nice). We did a lot of sightseeing around the keys...driving around Old Town is the pits. It was nice being close to the highway.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 02:44 PM
jersey

We're staying at the Sheraton Key West Suites soon. It's on Roosevelt Blvd. But,it provides a shuttle into Old Town. It was recommended by friends. I guess it's all whether you would like to be right in the hub or visit and stay outside. The Sheraton is a nice facility near the Smathers beach with a pool. It suits our needs. I'll write back after our visit.Check it out at www.sheratonkeywest.com