Search

key west golf club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 05:01 PM
mo

key west golf club

Need information on this condo. Any recomendatioons? Stay here or right in town? Would appreciate any info. Thank you.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 05:09 PM
susan

The ideal place(s) to stay in Key West are on the Gulf. Anyplace on Front Street is good...some better than others. All the sunset activities and most of the restaurants and tourist activities are clustered around the Gulf, so if you want to be within walking distance, you'll be in great shape if you stay in that approximate location.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:36 PM
mo

susan you must be an expert on Key West or you just love it or you're just a helpful person. i see you're name everywhere, I'm sure everyone is thankful for your imput myself included. However you say the golf club is within walking distance is within walking distance to front street. I was told we would have to take a cab to get to front street, Duvall street. That is why I am hesitant to stay here. We will be a group of girlfriends having a mini type reunion. I remember you mentioning the Galleon resort. Which would you recommend more. Thanks!

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 04:55 AM
susan

Mo - Sorry I didn't make myself clear! In your original post you asked whether to stay at the Key West Golf Club or "right in town" and I was suggesting you stay in town. The beauty of Key West is in being able to walk everywhere and you wouldn't have that advantage at the Key West Golf Club. My husband and I always stay at the Galleon, which IS in the heart of Old Town. In my opinion, the location makes it a far better choice. Truman Annex also has condos for rent, as does the Hyatt Sunset Harbor (not the Hyatt Resort) and the Ocean Key House, which has both single rooms and condos. They're all in good locations.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 02:59 PM
mo

Susan again thanks for all your help.