key west experts-help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anyone tell me which would be a better location ? The corner of Truman and Simonton or Truman annex location. Thanks in advance
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:18 PM

Subjective, but I think Truman Annex is better. It is, in essence, a gated community, but adjacent to Old Town.
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks bookhall. Actually the other condo is a gated community too. Why do you think the annex is better?
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:51 PM

As I said, my answer is subjective. Truman Annex has 500 or so units. And again, is adjacent to Old Town.

I'm not specifically familiar with a "community" at Truman and Simonton: Is it, indeed, a community, or a gated rental complex? There's a difference.
Old May 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Neopolitan

Location wise I'd probably prefer Simonton and Truman. If I'm going to Key West I like the "funkiness" of it all as well as the "action". Truman Annex is a little sheltered from all that.

Old May 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM

I would agree with Neopolitan but I have never stayed in Truman Annex, only walked through it. What I have learned over the years is Key West is a B&B town and you get much more of the flavor of the town staying in one. If the Simonton location is a B&B I would have to go with it.
Old May 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

The Simonton locale is actually a private home in what they are calling a gated group of homes. I am looking at 1 other- a ciger house also on Truman between Duval and Whitehead. Thanks for the opinions so far.I've been trying to get to Key West for the last 3 years. Last year we were evacuated from Ft. Lauderdale before we could make the drive down due to a hurricane .Anyway this year we're travelling with adult children and need a bigger place.Please keep the advice coming. Thanks!
Old May 6th, 2006, 05:42 AM

The choice may not have to do so much with location (all of the three are pretty much the same in terms of getting to interesting places) but what had you planned to do during the day?

Pjk