Reload this Page >

Kauai time share exchange

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 08:25 PM
Debi

Has anyone stayed at th Cliffs Resort before? We are thinking of trying to trade for July next year. I would like to hear your opinion. Thanks

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 03:00 AM
JoAnn

Debbie, It's been 8 years since we exchanged into the Cliffs, but it was wonderful, and I would go back in a heartbeat. But do NOT expect a beach there--it's named the Cliffs for a reason.

To get up to the minute information, since you are timeshare owners, please go to WWW.TUG2.NET a BBS *BY & FOR* timeshare owners. Just log in (you'll see where on the left hand side)and go to the Hawaii section and ask away. To get into the review section, you must be a member--and that cost $15 for your first year (you can use my name as a reference-it will help pay my next year's membership). This BBS has helped many avoid high developer buying costs, and provides information on t/s resorts around the world. It's wonderful to be able to go into the reviews and see what others have to say about the resorts, and their activities. If you would like more information, please feel free to email me at the above address. JoAnn

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 07:48 AM
Debi

Thanks Joann, How far was the beach? Could you walk or drive? We are taking 5 year olds with us. Also, was there enough to do? I hear Kauai is quiet at nite. Other than eating, is there movies, bowling etc. at nite? One last thing, for your referral, do I need your last name, or do I use your email?

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 08:42 AM
JoAnn

Debi, I don't remember that the beach was that close--but that could have changed by now. Any beaches we saw, we had to drive to. We aren't beach people, and only wanted to explore the island--we put over 600 miles on the car that week. Fodor's book on Hawaii was our main source of information on what to see, where to go and eat. Sorry I can't be of more help in that department. Just in case you need my last name--Grob. Have a wonderful time in Hawaii. JoAnn

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 06:21 PM
JoAnn

Debi, hope you have gone to the TUG BBS, under Hawaii--there are a bunch of posts about Kauai and beaches! Good information for you. JoAnn

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 06:23 PM
lovetotravel

Just to bring it to the top

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 07:29 AM
JB

Debi,
My folks own at the Cliffs and we took our 3-year-old last year. It's very nice and just went through a major renovation--mom reports this Feb. that it was a success. There is a playground within walking distance but you will need to drive to a beach. For activities, we mostly did the beach. We drove to the beaches--Ke'e, Hanalei, Anini, Lydgate and Poipu (a haul). Also took a kayak trip from Hanalei to Tunnels beach (Kayak Kauai). That would be a great trip for 5 year olds! Have fun.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Debi

Thanks everyone! This board has been very helpful!!

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 05:29 AM
Margo

We are also going to Kauai next summer (in June) and are exchanging through RCI at Pahio at Ka'Eo Kai in Princeville. Thanks, JoAnn for the info about TUG2.net. We joined and put you down as our referral. It was a VERY helpful and interesting sight. We feel even better about our exchange now and can't wait to go! Hope you have a wonderful time, Debi.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 08:15 AM
JoAnn

For Margo--thank you for joining TUG! It's a great site to learn about buying, selling and exchanging timeshares. JoAnn