Reload this Page >

Kauai Radisson or Embassy Poipu Point?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Carol

My husband, son(21 yrs), and I will be in Kauai at the end of March. We can get a good deal on the Radisson in Lihue or Embassy resort in Poipu with our Entertainment Book. A nice pool area is important to us. Any thoughts on which property to choose?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Aloha Mom

I was slightly disapointed by the embassy resort pool. We were staying at the Hyatt next door which is sort of linked by a walk way. My aunt had wanted me to check out the Embassy, so we walked over. The pool area is very small and crowded, the grounds themselves are quite nice, well manicured and very pretty, but the pool is a man made sand bottom pool, because the beach here is a little too rough to swim. I have not seen the Radisson, but it is an older hotel that has been renovated. Having said that, Lihue is a small city and is not really the Hawaii that most people dream of. Most of Kauai is very laid back and quiet. Keep in mind the Embassy has a kitchen and eating out can be very expensive anywhere in Hawaii. We bought most of our groceries at Big Save, just ask where and most staff will tell you it is where they shop too. P.S. If you do stay at the Embassy, you can always sneek over to the amazing pool at theHyatt once or twice!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Carol

We have been debating between the Kauai Radisson in Lihue or Embassy resort in Poipu. Just got a good deal in the mail from the Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club located within the Kauai Lagoons of Kalapaki Beach. Any thoughts now which of the 3 to pick? Some sites have complained about the rooms at the Marriott. Would appreciate help!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:19 AM
MMN

I have only stayed at the Radisson but loved it. Don't expect a luxury resort - the rooms are standard Radisoon rooms but the grounds are beautiful. And the view from our Ocean View room was like a postcard. We thought it had a very tropical pool. And we both enjoyed the pools immensely - they weren't crowded when we were there (July) and there a 4 small ones. Two are 5 or 6 feet deep, 1 is about 3 feet deep and the sandbottom one is only about 2 feet deep. We swam around the deeper ones most of the time. They also had a small outdoor jacuzzi and a cute waterfall.
I saw the Marriott at night when we went to Duke's for dinner (good dinner spot) and it seemed like it might be a little more of a deluxe resort. But I have also read complaints about the rooms and can't comment on them.
Don't know anything about the Embassy.

If you plan to travel around though - we loved being in Lihue because we found it VERY easy then to drive North or South.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:36 AM
lacy

Marriott hands down--check out their web site and see for yourself!!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:48 AM
Katie

Agree on Marriott. Great pool, calm beach, lovely grounds, excellent location (airplanes not an issue), fine rooms. 268 mo' days til we go back (got the same deal as you).