Reload this Page >

Kauai - Condos/Hotels

Search

Kauai - Condos/Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 11:52 AM
Tracy

Kauai - Condos/Hotels

Getting married in Haena, Kauai in Oct. and need suggestions for our guests' lodging. We'll 40 people ages 30-60. Interested in recommendations for hotels (moderate prices) and condos. Thanks! Mahalo.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 02:01 PM
Beth

I can get a good group rate through a tour operator I use, I am a Travel Agent and I specialize in Honeymoons and Destination weddings so I have some pull. Let me check for you. How many rooms or condos do you need? When in Oct is it and how long will they be staying. Do you know if anyone needs air? I hope I can help you further just let me know and I will get started on this right away for you.
Email [email protected]
Hope to hear from you soon
Beth Knobe

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 02:28 PM
Margot

Aloha Tracy!

Having just gotten back from Kauai, I'm so envious of your chosen locale for you nuptials - Haena is beautiful and so lush, so best of luck to you and your future husband. You may want to look into the Hanalei Colony Resort nearby, which is highly recommended in the moderate category in Frommer's Hawaii guide. Their phone # is 800-628-3004. Again, best wishes!

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 07:09 PM
dana

I'm so envious of your chosen wedding locale. Haena is the most beautiful place! I have a friend whose son got married in Kauai at the Hanalei Bay REsort in Princeville. They do really nice weddings (but I think Haena is much more beautfiful!!) Anywya, the entire group stayed at Hanalei. I've stayed there myself and really liked it. However, in the past people have posted a lot of negative stuff about the place, ie, they're turning into time shares or something, but I don't have a complaint. OUr room was very nice. It was about 2 years ago. Now I do know that there are several condo properties in the Princeville area, and there are homes for rent. All you have to do is find some real estate web-sites for Hawaii through a search engine or something and it will bring you to the various sites. But one of the condos I stayed at twice is called The Cliffs, and it was okay. I've also heard Pali Ke Kua is very nice too, and it's within walking distance of the Princeville Sheraton, as is Hanalei Bay Resort, (which is now Aston Property)
Have a great wedding!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 01:40 PM
juli

One thing you might look into, given where you'll be, are house rentals. Some of the rental agencies that post on the internet have sizeable houses for rent by the week--friends of ours did this a couple of years ago and I think ten of them shared one good-sized house. Can't remember the website off hand; will post again if I can dredge it up but I'm sure a search engine can find it. What a lovely wedding you will have!!