Search

Kauai condo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:19 AM
JayT

Kauai condo

I'm travelling to Kauai the end of april of 2002 (11 days). Has anyone stayed at the Sealodge on the north shore ? Also I'd like to fly over to the Big Island to see the volcano (I'd like to see it at night) Will I have to stay overnight or is it doable all in one day ?
Thanks for your help

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 04:32 AM
Todd

Never stayed there, but did the volcano trip in one day, but we returned by nightfall.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:42 AM
lisa

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 05:49 AM
ck

My parents just got back from Kauai and stayed on the east coast. They went up to Sealodge to see it for my fiance and I and said it's very nice, and RIGHT at the edge of the bluff which is very, very steep decline. Beautiful view and units looked nice but they are small. Said they were somewhat rustic looking. Hope that helps. I'm planning a honeymoon there next Aug. and thinking about staying there as well...try unit D-4, about $120 a night I think. Good Luck.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 05:39 AM
Jay Tracy

Thanks for the info ck !!

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 08:09 AM
duane

Jay,
Beautiful place. We had a condo right ont he cliffs. Woke up everyday at 5:00 a.m. (not on purpose) and had a beautiful sunrise.

The Hawaii thing is not as good as it was. Cool island but vVery little if any lava to been seen. Most of it is covered with older hardend lava. Double check befor you spend the money for that excursion.
Duane

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 04:37 AM
JayT

Thank You very much for the info Duane.
Having been there...any suggestions on good places to eat nearby ? or any other recommendations ? Thanks