Kauai art nights

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai art nights

Hello,

I have heard about art nights in Kapaa and Hanapepe. We are considering a return trip to Kauai in late summer and would like to visit one of them. Are both held weekly? We particularly like to see works in glass but also like painting and jewelry. Any thoughts as to which one offers the most enjoyable evening? Would your recommendation change if we visit with family who have small children? Might not have time to see both.

Thank you
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:35 AM

The one in Kapa'a is the first Saturday of each month. Hanapepe is every Friday. Haven't done either one yet. You might also enjoy the Saturday market/crafts fair in Hanalei.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:40 AM

We've been to Hanapepe, and while it's a pleasant stroll, we didn't find much art worth spending time or money on. There is one very nice artisan jewelry shop and one antique map/poster shop, but both of those are shops that are open regular business hours too.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Songdoc, good to know about the craft fair in Hanalei as well. SF--that was something else I wondered, do the art walks include anything more than we might see in the shops on a daily basis? We found some works we liked in Kapaa on a previous trip and thought we could spend another day there this year.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM

Scootir, I think they do - there are booths in addition to the open shops - we just weren't taken by the offerings
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM

Kapaa is pretty expansive; lots of local mixed bag music on the streets, little jewelry setups as you walk by, volkswagen bug club, restaurants open for pupus/drinks...meandering along slowly...we show up when guests in town to hit up Eastside cafe for a bite and then let the visitors wander. Loads of folks, there is assorted art venues instore and along sidewalk....different than Hanapepe.
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM

My wife and I have been to the Art Walk in Hanapepe numerous times. It has grown nicely--for the most part--over the years and has lots to offer. I wouldn't make a special trip to see it, but if you are on the south or west side, it's worth it.