COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Kauai airfare

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Kauai airfare

Weíve been hoping to go to Kauai in Aug this yr, my leave and my wifeís school schedule restricts us to the first 2 weeks and we wanted to fly from Atlanta for 10 days during this period.
Iíve been following the airfare diligently over the past 2-3 months waiting for a break, last month is came down a bit to $741 and I continued to wait hoping for a lower rate but now itís back up to around $900.
Have I missed my chance? Was $741 the best that can be expected for this time of year? Would really appreciate some advice from those of you with more experience.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM

I see you're new here. All you have to do to find your previous post is to click on your name. You have a few responses.

I'd rather be sailing too.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 01:36 PM

Not an expert on fares but price the trip to the West Coast, stay overnight then fly to Kauai. My experience was a cheaper option. Hawaiian, ALoho airlines, etc
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM

I just booked LAX to LIH last week with Hawaiian Airlines (change of planes in HNL) and the fare was $492.60 pp for mid-September. Not sure how much it would cost to fly ATL-LAX, air is up a bit this year.
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 06:32 PM

Another option maybe to fly to Honolulu and book separate to Kauai. There is a new interisland carrier from Mesa Air called Go and they have sparked some lower fares. We flew Island Air in May and enjoyed the scenery as they fly turbo props. On Island Air there is a wait limit on luggage of 50# per person however you can handcheck a bag and get around that. Also the flight time is about the same since they don't have to fly as high as the jets.
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 06:56 PM
trippinkpj

I've even seen the airfare in August (last summer) from the west coast be $800.- to Kauai. From Atlanta, I think that $741 was a great price. Right now I'm seeing $650.- from San Jose, CA to Lihue, for early August (leaving/ retuning mid week). Which is better than last year when my daughter was trying to book her vacation there. Check out Hilda and Hulajake's suggestion. In addtion to SJC (San Jose); check SFO, OAK and LAX.

Old Jun 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM
trippinkpj

Looks like SFO is the best price at $582, out of the 4 airports I mentioned. Still check into Hulajake's flying into Honolulu suggestion.