Search

kansas city hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kansas city hotel

I will be visiting kansas city for a football game in the fall.I understand the best area to stay is near country plaza.the raphaellooks inviting,however the HOLIDAY INN AT PLAZA also looks good and much cheaper...Price is a factor,however i would move "up" if any one can give me some feedback...I would also like to visit the TRUMAN LIBRARY in INDEPENDANCE while iam there..how far away is it? and do i need to rent a car? as always thanks in advance MAX
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 12:18 PM

The Raphel is very nice - dont know about the Holiday Inn though.

You would need a car to get to the Truman Library- I'd say the library is at least a 45 min drive from the Plaza-

The Plaza is a great place to stay- lots of wonderful restaurants/ shopping
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 06:14 PM

You will need a car to go from the Plaza to the stadium for the game (about 20 minutes, not including traffic). The Plaza is a great place to stay as there are loads of shops and restaurants and bars to entertain you.

Just an option: If you are just going to be in town for the game and don't want the hassle of a car, stay at the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex (formerly the Adam's Mark) right across the highway from the stadium - they have a Sunday brunch buffet and you can walk to the stadium. It doesn't have the best reviews on travelocity.com, but you'd also be closer to the Truman Library as Independence is just east of the Stadium (and the stadium is east of the Plaza) and you wouldn't have to worry about transportation to the game.

Rental cars are pretty cheap in Kansas City, so depending on how much money you want to spend, I'd probably stay on the Plaza and rent a car.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 10:14 AM

check www.biddingfortravel.com and bid on Priceline.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Holiday Inn on the Plaza? Never heard of it. Double check the address--lots of places use the name "Plaza", even if they are not near the official Country Club Plaza. Your HI Plaza is really in Westport, a minimum of six blocks from the 'official' Plaza. Since you really must have a car, let us know what you want to do other than see the Chiefs while you're here and we can help you decide some good places to stay. Also, there are lots of really affordable places about ten-fifteen minutes drive from the Plaza. And, since traffic to/from the games is pretty nightmarish, we can even tell you about shuttle services that will save you untold aggravation. We're here to 'hep' you!
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

thanks all. ive decided to book at the raphael,rent a car for the trip to indepence.the brunch at the clarion looks good i will definatly try it. i suppose there is enough going on in and near the hotel to keep me entertained... i plan on taking a cab from the hotel to the game,and return.is there cabs aviable from arrowhead after the game? thnks all
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 07:12 AM

Please make sure your Holiday Inn is not the one in Westport. We got stuck there once when we waited too long to make Big 12 basketball tournament reservations, and it is a dump.

The Raphael is great and so is the Plaza. Go to countryclubplaza.com for deals.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 02:51 PM

I was just down on the Plaza today and the Holiday Inn that you are referring to IS ON THE PLAZA. It used to be ... I can't remember ... it is on Main Street across from the American Century towers (offices). If the Holiday Inn is cheaper than the Rapheal - and it looks good - go with it.

Just wanted to let you know that it was on the Plaza.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

THANKS MARY FOR THE INFO..ALL THE BEST MAX
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 08:06 AM

You might check into a bus to the game. I live in KC and have noticed on game day that there are "Stadium" buses running. I'm sure there would be a route from the Plaza to the stadium and back. Ask the Raphael concierge about it!

Also, parking at the stadium is RIDICULOUS, so getting around that with a cab or bus is ideal.

Have fun here in KC!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 08:08 AM

I looked it up. Here is a link to the bus information. $8 round trip!

http://www.kcata.org/chiefsroutes.html