Reload this Page >

Kaanapali Maui: Resort feel/budget rate

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:46 PM
S.

Looking for a hotel in Kaanapali that has a resort feel to it for a budget price. A good beach & pool with bar area are pretty key for us. Sheraton looks great but price makes me wince. It's a girls trip and we want to be near the more active areas, too. Thanks.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Celeste

Your best chance for anything under or even close to $200 per night is a vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) rental on Kaanapali Beach. My friend rented a 1500 square foot 2 bedroom 2 bath condo at Maui Eldorado for $150 per night through a private owner in May. It's a walk to the beach but it's the resort's own private beach and is just the other side of Black Rock.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 02:38 PM
S.

Thanks for your response Celeste. We really want to be able to lie by a pool and/or beach and have drinks and my experience with time shares, condo rentals or vrbo's are that they don't offer dining or cocktail lounges.

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 01:14 PM
dejahma

Hi;

Try the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. It is slightly older, but has beautiful grounds, a really fun outdoor bar and nightly hawaiian entertainment. We always go there at least once even when we are staying some where else. It is one hotel away from black rock with awesome snorkeling. The turtles are right next to the shore in the am and pm eating sea weed. And you can see the nightly lighting of the torch and rock diver at the next door Sheraton without leaving the grounds. Much friendlier than the Sheraton too.

Be aware it is not a lux type place tho; no waterfalls in the pool etc.

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Celeste

You need to take a closer look at Maui, because most of the condos DO have those amenities or I wouldn't stay at them. I've been to Maui probably 12 or 13 times, and there's no way I'd pay those $350 per night prices at a hotel on Kaanapali Beach when condos right on the beach (or a short stroll away) cost less, give you more room, and still offer that service on the beach and at the pools.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Monica

I second the post recommending Kaanapali Beach Hotel. Stayed there back in May of '99 and was looking for all the same things you mentioned. Pool, bar and gardens (where you can sunbathe REAL close to rooms and grab a drink at bar)are a very short distance. Bar is great, (entertainment was nitely back then)outdoor grilling for lunch nearby, also an all-u-can eat restaurant is part of hotel. Some other great restaurants/bars that are a minute's walk--Leilani's and Rusty Pelican right on beach. Any other specific questions, you can e-mail me direct or ask at this website(I check frequently) Monica

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Monica

Hi again...forgot to mention rates (and they are not even near $350/nitely at Kaanapali Beach Hotel(his rate was valid 2 years ago, but checked recently and was in the same ballpark as then)but more in the range of $130-$180 depending on room type. Whatever the choice, you will enjoy the various entertainment, shopping, bars (esp. beach!) that Kaanapli area has to offer! Monica